• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just saw this the other day. Looks like the price will be less than a CZ too. I'd say it'll sell.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm heavily invested in the 455 platform and my Precision Trainer has been a money pit (I think in a good way), but this thing looks cool. Love that it comes with a 30 MOA base. Might have to get one, can't have too many 22 rifles

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I get that it's cool, but in terms of practical accuracy for the price how can you beat the American? Or other cheaper alternatives.

I suppose it's a fool who looks for logic in the gun owner's heart....

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think this has a different market group in mind than the American series. I think of it more as a rimfire rifle for those that Are playing in the more serious target shooting. It will also be a great practice rifle for anyone with a center fire Ruger Precision Rifle.

As much as I don’t like polymer (that’s a lot), I would have considered this over my Talo Edition RAR that probably cost about the same.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think this has a different market group in mind than the American series. I think of it more as a rimfire rifle for those that Are playing in the more serious target shooting. It will also be a great practice rifle for anyone with a center fire Ruger Precision Rifle.

Exactly, platform familiarity. It's one reason the AR 22s are so popular, they are more expensive than other offerings but they give you the same trigger, grip, and cheek weld.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    It definitely looks cool but i have my doubts that it will shoot as good as either one of my cz's 452 scout which is a kids gun and a 452 trainer. I bought a savage hbar thumbhole stock 22 bolt gun the same day as my cz's and it wouldnt keep up accuracy wise and it was a heavy awkward pig to carry. Needless to say its gone. Plus the cz's are lighter and easier to carry in the woods. Definitely interested to see how it does.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This looks crazy cool! As a Smith wheel gun fan, I admit Ruger has two recent revolver releases (the new 7-round GP100 2.5" 357, and the almost ridiculous Redhawk 2.75" 8-round 357), and then there's the Mark IV Lite... I think it's been a solid 2017 for new Ruger releases, they will surely get some more of my $$ in 2018. This new 22 precision just piles it on.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Thanks for posting this..
    I will keep an eye out for one & FEEL it before I can say..

Ruger needs to make a 5 shot snub in 10mm/40S&W with moon clips, Like a GP100 or BIG SP101
    Could be the backup to replace the Glock 27
    Gary/Hk

Top Bottom