• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I believe there was another thread recently on this very topic.
    It seemed most guys were for M-Loc over Keymod. Are you going into combat anytime soon? If not I think either platform will serve you well.

It's almost comical how "suggestive" these guys are, it wasn't long after that thread, AR's with Keymod rails suddenly were for sale here and on armslist both.
    Much like when Sig won the Govt. contract for the new side arm of the U.S. armed forces, a bunch of Beretta 92's suddenly popped up in the classifieds here on armslist both.

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    keymod is fading away for a couple reasons: 1. the cheese grater feel that you get compared to M-Lok which is rather smooth 2. the attachments that are made for M-Lok are growing in numbers while it's pretty damn hard to find anything for keymod these days.

I also personally find keymod to be ugly when you see it in person. M-Lok has that uniformity which is appealing to me as i like things that are symmetrical

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thanks for posting the video, basically goes back to my post, if you're not going into combat and running your rifle hard.............it doesn't matter which rail system is on it.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I personally like Keymod better. I find it easier to mount and unmount things since I don't have to try and get a nut inside the handguard...though its possible I'm doing it wrong.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    M-Loc accessories are designed to be attached from the outside of the rail, if you're trying to hold the nut inside the rail then you aren't using it as designed.

I never really considered the choice between the two to be a sign of intelligence or reason to feel superior to anyone. I went with M-Loc shortly after it was released because it is what Magpul was using and I'm a Magpul fan. Keymod obviously works and if you can find the accessories you want there is nothing wrong with the system. It seems to be losing market share to M-Loc so if you are someone who likes to change things up or upgrade periodically I think you'll have an easier time finding a wider variety of products for the M-Loc going forward.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I have both
    I prefer/ like the M-loc . As its been stated accessories are more plentiful. I also think the system works better .
    jm2c

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I somewhat figured M-loc would win out eventually simply based on the ease of milling a slot vs milling out the Keymod pattern. I see most smaller companies that make stocks go with M-Loc, probably for that reason alone (simplicity and time savings).

I have both because my BCM has a Keymod rail, but if I were to have to choose between the two now I would go with M-Loc on everything.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Since there are 2 options to choose from, I’ve got to pick one. That’s why I asked. I appreciate everyone’s input. I found it informative and insightful, which is why I like to ask for INGO’s comments when I have a choice that I’m not sure about.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom