• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Is it just me or is this a common problem. I always say I am good/have enough guns, and I buy another one. This time it's a 1988 Remington 11-87 26" premier in fantastic condition. I will post some pics when I get it. Got it for 443.00 to the ffl.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    There is always something I find interesting. Making it to my list of must haves is a little different. That being said, things get added to that list fairly often. Last year the only two rifles on the list were a CZ 455 and CZ 527. I just bought the 455 and now a Ruger PC9 magically popped up in it's place.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I have the same problem. They need to sell safe extensions, that would help me buy more. I have told myself only s&w revolvers from here on out. So far I've stuck to that. Easier to store.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yes this is true. I only make the purchase if another one goes. That way I never touch my bank and everything stays neat and tidy.

Consolidation was the best thing I ever did. No new calibers will be added either.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have yet to wring out my .22 purchases from last yr to see if they are keepers or not.
    Hopefully they are.
    8" Ruger MK2 22/45 and a 10/22 w GM bbl and Titan stock.
    If so.........then maybe a .22 mag :)

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Not sure, I'm about done I think. Spend my money on ammo and training. There is still a few in the wants list but not many.
    Still need a good pump shotgun
    458 socom
    glock 19x and 26 and that's it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Every time I go to the local gun shop, I find something that I never even knew I needed until that moment.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Is it just me or is this a common problem. I always say I am good/have enough guns, and I buy another one. This time it's a 1988 Remington 11-87 26" premier in fantastic condition. I will post some pics when I get it. Got it for 443.00 to the ffl.

^^^^^^^ It is not just you.I am the same way. My last purchase was a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in 45LC and a limited production Remington 870 Wing-Master 12 gauge super-magnum. Thought (like you) "I am good/have enough guns"...right. Well...now I have the itch for a Winchester model 94, pre-64(prefer 1962) 30-30. Guess we will see what happens?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My father got me a 12 gauge rem wingmaster 870 at 15. He said I could hunt anything with it.
    He was correct from bunny to bear it will kill them all.

My first purchase lever action 9422 mag from Winchester. Prefect for fox yet not to much for tree rats.
    Next 222 rem 700. Not to much for fox yet enough for field ground hogs to much for tree rats.

First handgun ruger Mark 2 government model. Second a model 60 smith. Third a contender pistol.

At at that point all could have been good. Sure you could go a lifetime with a 357 handgun a 22 rifle a shotgun and a deer rifle. All one would ever really need.

My wife always wants to know why I have 11 marlin model 39a’s. I buy every one I get a good deal on. I have one of every generation and sight change. There is always another and I still need the TDS and the 39d.

I will never stop buying period. Not until the coffin shuts.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If my two children have two kids each. Their children have two kids each. Then each of the grandkid and great grandkids get a model 39a each. My kids know the guns are for their grandkids. Not me or them.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I keep a WTB list of guns in the notes on my phone. There are like 6 guns on it. I have purchased at least 5 guns in the past 6 months and not one of them are on that list. They were just deals that were too good to pass up or guns that were not on the list that I did not even know I wanted!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will settle in when the last project goes into the safe's and all the slots are full. Life settles in and things are good.
    Then some one posts a pic of a new custom piece and the beads of sweat start to form. I tell myself I am good. Lots of really cool pieces at the ready. No needs. Then more sweat. And the phone rings, someone needs a new toy. A deal is struck and the hunt is on. It is a never ending cycle.
    It used to be cars/bikes/boats but they take up a lot of room.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have been on a buying spree since last year. I like to collect military surplus rifles, law enforcement marked Smiths, and recently I have begun to collect surplus ammo. I am going to stick to my commitment of not buying any guns for a while, at least military surplus rifles (they can be had a lot more easily than State Police Smiths). This year I am going to focus on shooting what I have and building up my ammo collection here and there. I have been watching 314299 on youtube and I have developed an interest in testing ammo accuracy. I enjoy shooting various kinds of ammo at 100 yards from the bench and prone to see what kind of groups I can get

Top Bottom