• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My brand new .308 Daniel Defense AR fired a couple of rounds okay, then had a couple of feeding errors, then it would extract but not feed the next round (expensive single shot).
    The rifle was sent back to DD. It is supposed to be on its way home back to me.
    Here is the report from DD:
    Inspection:
    Found Barrel Extension damaged by Bolt

Repair:
    Replaced: Barrel, Bolt Carrier Group Assembly (BCG)
    Polished BCG and Feed Ramps
    Repaired Mag Catch Assembly

Testing:
    Function Test – 100% Pass
    Live Fire Test - 100% Pass

So, what would cause the Bolt to damage the Barrel Extension on a brand new, never disassembled gun? Would that have caused the problem with feeding that I was having?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can't pretend like I'm a gunsmith qualified to diagnose the new Daniel Defense 308, but something was wrong with it and hopefully they just fixed it. I'm following this because I'm very interested in the same rifle. I'd like to hear the updates of how it functions when you get it back in your hands. I wouldn't expect anything but the best from Daniel Defense for what they charge for those rifles.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm just surprised I read DD and repairs in the same sentence. Not that any manufacturer is immune to issues with their products but I think in 15yrs of lots of reading on firearms forums this is a first I've seen it for DD. Hope it runs great for you as they're not cheap

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    FedEx is killing me. It originally said arriving on Wednesday. Then it was changed to Thursday. Now it is supposed to come today...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm just surprised I read DD and repairs in the same sentence. Not that any manufacturer is immune to issues with their products but I think in 15yrs of lots of reading on firearms forums this is a first I've seen it for DD. Hope it runs great for you as they're not cheap

If I remember correctly there have been some other threads about DD quality control issues.
    Could be wrong of course, I know recently they had a recall on some rifles that were "doubling", in essence making them "full auto".
    But they were good about getting the word out, and paying shipping both ways.
    I suspect they will fix the OP's rifle, and it will be good to go.

To clarify, the recalled rifles were 5.56 and not the .308.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    They laid off bunch of people last year without any warning. Couldn't find the story on my phone but it's out there.

Top Bottom