• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;lTy7fh1t0c8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTy7fh1t0c8&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_ca mpaign=Pro+700&utm_term=&utm_content=[/video]

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I like this. Been wanting to do a nice .308 or .300 Winchester magnum build, but nice stocks are always so darn expensive. We’ll see come spring!

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm a Magpul fan but I don't see this one finding its way into my safe, not at that price.

I'm in complete agreement. I don't like the grip. Looks bad, looks uncomfortable. There are more things, but at this price point, hell anything over the $300 price point of their hunter stock, I'm looking at a better quality piece by one of the more well known chasis/stock manufacturers.

-JD-

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I'm going to spend $900 for a chassis I'm going with one that's been proven. There are so many other makers out there for the same and even a little less that have a great track record. Magpul will get sales because of the mindless zombie fan bois that will come out of their mom's basement to buy them just because of the magpul log. but I just don't see serious gun guys buying these at least for a while. Till they are proven or lowered in price.
    I love magpul by the way

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Magpul aren't dummies. Actually, they are pretty innovative at marketing. Better to start high, to show that you are running with the big dogs?

I'd bet you'll see a lot of these chassis' in use this year. They'll sprinkle samples all around to any top tier shooter with a media tie that isn't locked into a deal with another competitive product.

How much has the Hunter 700 stock came down since it's origination?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    5.4lbs and MSRP of $999? Nope, nope, nope.

IMO, Magpul should have put the efforts they put into this into actually manufacturing the Hunter American stock for the RAR, as well as introducting a Hunter Savage SA.

They are punching WELL above their weight when it comes to cost, and I don't think the Magpul name alone is going to pull PRS shooters away from their AI, MPA, XLR, JAE, KRG, etc. preferred chassis system.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    5.4lbs and MSRP of $999? Nope, nope, nope.

IMO, Magpul should have put the efforts they put into this into actually manufacturing the Hunter American stock for the RAR, as well as introducting a Hunter Savage SA.

They are punching WELL above their weight when it comes to cost, and I don't think the Magpul name alone is going to pull PRS shooters away from their AI, MPA, XLR, JAE, KRG, etc. preferred chassis system.

My thoughts exactly! I'm sure the dedicated Magpul fan boyz will jump on this but the vast majority of PRS/Practical shooters I do not see moving from their current chassis to the Magpul at this price. KRG, XLR, KRG, and even MDT have the sub $1k market covered very well and this doesn't give shooters anything those companies lack.

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    I'm sure that it'll be a great performer but I feel like the market for a stock at that price point is for a slim market. To see the true benefit of that stock, how much more work will need to be done to a stock 700? Blueprinting the the action? Trigger work? New barrel?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It does look nice, but not enough to get rid of my McRee (and it's more expensive). The PRS market is really growing, but I think it is saturated with chassis systems already. It's kind of like coming out with a premium AR right now.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I agree with what others have said. For that price range you could buy an MPA competition chassis, which has some of the best (if not the best) features available for precision rifles.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder what the actual street pricing for this will settle at? Didn't the Hunter stock start much higher than they can be bought now?

Top Bottom