9mm AK in the works from Kalashnikov USA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    I know at the 2016 Shot show Kalashnikov USA had some 9mm AKs on display that were supposed to come out this past year but I can't find any online that actually came up for sale and on the company website there is a tab for a 9mm rifle, however it doesn't work. Has anyone heard any news about what the hang up is? Or known of any other companies making copies of the Vityaz type submachine guns? So far I'm aware of only the PAK9 and a new 9mm Draco pistol, both of which don't really resemble the actual Russian military sub guns.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Outside of Jim Fuller, Krebs, and very few others, the American AK market is a race to the bottom of a barrel full of derp. Hopefully, something will change, but I’m not too optimistic?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Century Arms just announced this new AK Style 9mm. https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/century-arms-new-draco-nak9-pistol/#axzz54UaYCKvB

Century-Arms-Draco-NAK9-Pistol-600x330.jpg

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/century-arms-new-draco-nak9-pistol/#ixzz54UasgVpI
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Delray Beach, Fla. –-(Ammoland.com)- Century Arms, North America’s premier AK manufacturer, has announced the release of a new 9mm AK-based pistol, the Draco NAK9. The AK-based 9mm handgun is the newest addition to the highly popular Draco pistol series.
    “The Draco NAK9 fills a void in the U.S. market for a high quality Com-Bloc 9mm AK pistol,” said Jason Karvois, Century Arms Director of Sales. “Because it readily accepts Glock brand 9mm and aftermarket Glock magazines, many consumers can utilize the magazines they already own in their new 9mm AK pistol.”
    The Draco NAK9 pistol is chambered in the cost-effective, low-recoil 9mm cartridge while capturing the look and feel of the AK-47 platform. The magazine well allows for compatibility with Glock 17 and Glock 19 magazines making it the perfect companion for your EDC 9mm handgun. The NAK9 comes equipped with a top-mounted Picatinny optics rail for mounting modern optics, a rear sling mount, one 33-round magazine and is compatible with aftermarket AKM handguards. The blowback operated design results in a platform as reliable as an AK, but in a smaller package with minimal recoil.
    Its lightweight and 11.14” barrel make the Draco NAK9 an excellent choice for your next truck gun, CQC or a fun day at the range. The Draco NAK9 is shipping this week to dealers with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $724.99.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    as little faith as I have in Kalashnikov USA they did have a pretty damn impressive copy of the Russian Vityaz at shot (that's the 9mm AK you're talking about).

Supposedly they were going to be ready by this past summer, but still nothing. Most everything they are suppose to make has been vaporware.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Sadly I still haven't shot my Pak-9 Romanian pistol but I like that it is Cugir made. Eventually I will enlarge & re-tap the rear sling loop hole and SBR it with a VZ58 folder.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Sadly I still haven't shot my Pak-9 Romanian pistol but I like that it is Cugir made. Eventually I will enlarge & re-tap the rear sling loop hole and SBR it with a VZ58 folder.

It is made IN cugir by nova modul, WASR and other Romanian issued AKs are made in Cugir by Romarm.

this is the same gun as the PAK9 that Atlantic sells for $450, just with the normal style AKM handguards and a longer barrel.

PSA is promising to release a 9mm AK sometime this year, they are also showing off a 556 AK that uses AR15 magazines

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    as little faith as I have in Kalashnikov USA they did have a pretty damn impressive copy of the Russian Vityaz at shot (that's the 9mm AK you're talking about).

Supposedly they were going to be ready by this past summer, but still nothing. Most everything they are suppose to make has been vaporware.

Like their space program.

Top Bottom