• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Long story made short I bought a barrel and swapped it for this one to keep an unknowing friend out of prison. I tried to sell the little guy but no one was interested. It seemed lonely and was getting depressed so I bought it a stripped upper to keep it company, then the upper seemed naked so I bought it a port door and forward assist, then the upper complained it felt empty inside and a BCG/CH found a new home, then.... Oh bother...

I'd never planned on owning one of these but I have to admit it's a fun little bugger.

NOKsvL3h.jpg

5WBNsmSh.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    How do you like the brace? I looked at those when I bought one for my pistol build. They are fun and usually a big hit at the range with new shooters.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just a couple of months ago my brother called to tell me that he had won an auction.
    Among other items, he had won 3 new DPMS 16" 7.62x51 barrels, one for $45, the other 2 for $50@.

I bought one of the barrels for $50, because it was a great price.
    One thing led to another part, then another, next thing I know I have a THIRD AR10!

I had no plans...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The brace just came in today but it does seem to be very well made, nothing cheap about it. I'd say if you like the features and feel they're worth the asking price you won't be disappointed with it.

On Halloween I owned one AR15, this one is now my 4th. I would have thought BRD was kind of like chicken pox, once you've had it and gotten over it you don't really have to worry about it coming back. Apparently I was mistaken.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    BRD seems to be gaining in strength now that prices are coming down after the "panic." And parts really do morph into full builds. I put together a 300BLK pistol with scraps and budget parts, and the darn thing may just be my new favorite AR!

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have three pistols now with the SBPDW brace (two shown below) and really like them so far. The adjustability makes them worth it for me. However, since I got these there are other adjustable brace options out and more coming so you may want to look at the other options as well.

I had no intention of building these originally, but like Phylodog, I had a piece here and a part there and next thing you know I had two more pistols.

jQ3OC4l.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have one of the mag tactical lowers on an ar (paid 40.00 for it at rural king), when they went belly up, I purchased a "spare lower" in case the mt lower went belly up too, about a year later I remembered I had a stripped upper, and a spare mag release, and had a trigger/hammer and springs.....and well dammit.....those parts weren't doing any good sitting in the spare parts box.....so guess who's building his 4th ar now?

I've got the trigger pull down to 3.8 pounds(with standard parts) and I'm thinking a 24in stainless fluted 1/7 twist heavy barrel for a precision/long range ar

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought my first AR back in 2012. Never really cared for it, and sold it to a buddy. About a year and a half ago I got the itch to have another one, but I wanted it in .308, so I bought a build kit from PSA and put it together. Enjoyed building it, and more importantly shooting it, and now I have 7. All the others are in 5.56, including a pistol. I'm mostly done I think, although I do have another upper coming for my original 308. It currently has an 18" M4 style upper/barrel and I have a 20" keymod coming for it. I can stop any time I want! :):

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I actually planned and built an AR10 with a purchased Upper DPMS SS bull barrel a year or two ago. It shoots very well ~ haven't tried it out at over 100 yrds but think it will be well under an Moa after the barrel is broke in.

But during the Commiebomma era I, like many others though they might ban the AR's. So I ended up purchasing 3 Lowers, figuring that was the only part that could be banned. I really don't care for the 5.56 round so they just stayed in storage.

Over the next couple of years I ran into a few parts that were priced too good to pass up. Ended up this year assembling two 5.56 AR's and one Grendel. Haven't shot the last 3 since the weather turned so cold and due to other obligations. GOT to try them out soon.

Last edited:

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I built a 10.5” ar on a Ruger stripped lower, with shockwave blade. Palmetto upper with a2 sight, also added carry handle. I finished it a few weeks ago, have really enjoyed it.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I built a 10.5” ar on a Ruger stripped lower, with shockwave blade. Palmetto upper with a2 sight, also added carry handle. I finished it a few weeks ago, have really enjoyed it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    BRD is a strain of the virus which causes 10/22itis. You know for sure you've got it when you start buying parts for guns you don't have.......yet. I had a mild case of the former and a severe case of the latter. Both are in remission but BRD symptoms arise now and then.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    thats a sweet looking pistol. how are you liking that brace?

Shot it today and I'm very happy with the purchase. I honestly don't know how it could be improved upon without going to an actual shorter PDW tube & modified BCG to allow for a shorter length when collapsed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The finishing touches came today. The Noveske KX5 should help push the concussion down range a bit.
    xh88B3uh.jpg

I visited Wendall at Indy Laser Engraving for a project for work and decided to take a spare port door with me as I had an idea. Wendall made my idea come to life and in honor of the baddest security guard in the country.......

cg4Oj05h.jpg

SK0Z5J8h.jpg

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/448020-made-my-day.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom