• ...and so much more!
  • aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I discovered this evening that I have a Colt "Sporter Match HBAR" Delta Elite. Model number R6601DH. It came with everything in the picture, plus two original 20 round mags. I have tried to locate a price or value, with mixed results. Does anybody have real world knowledge on value? I posted on the shady site for a high dollar amount. Not expecting to achieve that dream, but interested to see the interest if there is any. Thanks for any and all help!

aXX8WbU.jpg
    [/IMG]

tu6w4yg.jpg
    [/IMG]

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Delta Match HBAR. First series had a bayonet lug, second series did not.
    You have the correct "MH" serial prefix.
    Correct Turner Saddlery "Colt" marked sling.
    Correct Tasco armored scope.
    Scope mount should also be marked "Colt". Edit to add; also marked A.R.M.S.
    Missing the "Colt" marked stock riser.
    Also came with "Delta" stickers on the pistol grip. Always missing.
    Incidentally, is considered a pre-ban serial #.
    Fairly rare, but a hard sell. Guys that have the money for them, want perfect everything. Box, paperwork, cleaning kit, hang tag, both 20 round mags, scope spanner tool and other things I've forgotten. Good luck they are fine shooters too.

Last edited:

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Thanks. I do have the cheek riser. Just not in the pics. Original mags too, just not pictures. I do not have the manual/ cleaning rods or tools. Thank you very much for the info

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I replied in the AR thread but BGDave is all over it! Mine can still shoot sub-MOA with good ammo. I've put 5k-6k rounds through it.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    You may have a tough sell there, I paid $700 plus tax for my HBAR, it was an old police trade in and had an after market bolt carrier group. I have seen some other ones at gun shows with the seller asking $1200 or more, I do not think they sold. A gun shop by me has two SP1's for sale at $1500. They have been collecting dust for a while, one of them has a 35,000 range serial number. I wish you the best of luck if you want to sell it

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The AR market is way depressed. Even so, a complete Delta Match will probably sell well. Retro stuff seems about the only hot thing in ARs

I have the Bushmaster equivalent.
    a2scoped.JPG

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for all the info. I got my hands on a blue book today. I would consider the rifle as 98%-95%. Values state $2,150 - $2,300. Hard part I think will be finding somebody that wants it. It will be for sale.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thanks for all the info. I got my hands on a blue book today. I would consider the rifle as 98%-95%. Values state $2,150 - $2,300. Hard part I think will be finding somebody that wants it. It will be for sale.

Exactly! I can tell you this about myself, and I am in the age range when those came out. If I were going to drop that kind of money on an AR right now, it wouldn't be that one.
    I would be buying a Noveske, LWRCi, or something along those lines. Not saying that "that guy" is not out there. But you will have to find him, gunbroker would be a much better option in my opinion, for whatever that is worth.
    Just saying what you may be up against.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I've seen several over the years. Believe it or not there are fake Deltas around. Usually in the wrong case or wrong Tasco scope. Delta scopes had the built in base, no rings.
    OP has a real one with few issues. Half the fun would be chasing down correct case contents. This should help;

2uz3tj8.jpg

j5cays.jpg

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I've seen several over the years. Believe it or not there are fake Deltas around. Usually in the wrong case or wrong Tasco scope. Delta scopes had the built in base, no rings.
    OP has a real one with few issues. Half the fun would be chasing down correct case contents. This should help;

looks like extra grip,bore brushes, bolt brush. What’s the black thing with the breech plug and the yellow next tot he grip?

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

looks like extra grip,bore brushes, bolt brush. What’s the black thing with the breech plug and the yellow next tot he grip?
    Spanner wrench for the A.R.Ms scope mount. Grip was the original. Rifle had the Delta emblem embedded into the grip. They were sold during the 90s to fix the stickers lifting off. Haven't seen one for sale in years. Little bottle with Delta stickers came from Colt.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Spanner wrench for the A.R.Ms scope mount. Grip was the original. Rifle had the Delta emblem embedded into the grip. They were sold during the 90s to fix the stickers lifting off. Haven't seen one for sale in years. Little bottle with Delta stickers came from Colt.

I appreciate the info. Manual can be had from EBay for $19, no luck finding spanner wrench or cleaning components. Delta stickers are $50. From what I could tell, a lot of grips lost their "stickers." If it ends up not selling, and I keep it I will start the hunt for the correct items.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Sold it this afternoon for $1,650. I would have liked a little more, but it was the first realistic offer, and the only offer that didn’t tel me I had a fake. Thanks again to every bodies help

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Sold it this afternoon for $1,650. I would have liked a little more, but it was the first realistic offer, and the only offer that didn’t tel me I had a fake. Thanks again to every bodies help
    Don't you just love the guys that think lying is a negotiation strategy? I think you did alright price wise. Higher end firearms are a tough sell on INGO. A call to Colt would provide proof of Delta status. The case alone pretty much convinced me. It is distinctive. Thanks for letting us see it.

Top Bottom