• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    [FONT=&amp]Having an issue finding any information online. I have an armalite ar10 that is having extracting issues. It is basically double feeding. Ive tried all bullet weights from 147gr to 175gr. Still doing the same thing. So i was looking into purchasing a new bcg. However the armalite bcg is expensive and sold out almost everywhere i looked. Anyone have any other bcg suggestions that are "armalite ar10" compatible?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Sheepdog697[/FONT]

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry, I'm a DPMS pattern guy myself, so I have no knowledge of the Armalite pattern, but your problem sounds more magazine related to me.
    Have you tried more than just one brand of magazine?

If not, try that first.
    Mags are MUCH cheaper than bolt carrier groups, and much more consumable as well.

Seriously, I think you night have feed lip issues.

O.k. I just re-read your post.
    Please ignore the above. I quickly browsed over it the first time and got stuck on the "double-feed" statement.
    Try looking for a replacement extractor. Should be easy enough to replace yourself.
    DPMS pattern extractor is just held in with a roll pin. I can't imagine the Armalite would be that much more complicated.

Sticky cases can also be the result of a chamber that has zero lubrication.
    Is this a brand new gun?
    Have you stripped it dry, and forgotten to lube it?

Just spit-balling here.

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Hey thanks for the response. Gun is new, however i lubed it as any other AR i shoot and shot it. Took it apart stripped the bolt down, cleaned everything and relubed. Still the same issue. I was thinking possibly extractor as well, however it seems to be working as it should. I guess that is a much cheaper replacement than an entire BCG. You think i should just order extractor, and ejector kit?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would try a new extractor first.
    It would be a much less expensive attempt to correct the issue.

It really doesn't take an extractor being too far out of spec to foul things up completely.
    I have an AR15 chambered in .410 bore that had the same issue when new.
    I could NOT get the importer, American Tactical Imports, to correct the problem on a brand new firearm. That's another story for another thread.
    I ended up letting a gunsmith at my local range take a look at it.
    He spent about 10 minutes with a jewelers file working on the under side of the extractor hook and the gun now runs like it should.
    It took a trained eye to see there was just not quite enough clearance under the extractor hook for the case rim.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Contact Armalite and sent it in for repair?

Even if you have to pay for shipping, probably cheaper than a magazine and definitely cheaper than a BCG

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would try a new extractor first.
    It would be a much less expensive attempt to correct the issue.

It really doesn't take an extractor being too far out of spec to foul things up completely.
    I have an AR15 chambered in .410 bore that had the same issue when new.
    I could NOT get the importer, American Tactical Imports, to correct the problem on a brand new firearm. That's another story for another thread.
    I ended up letting a gunsmith at my local range take a look at it.
    He spent about 10 minutes with a jewelers file working on the under side of the extractor hook and the gun now runs like it should.
    It took a trained eye to see there was just not quite enough clearance under the extractor hook for the case rim.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.
    I had a Spanish Mauser with this exact same issue, so it's not limited to semi-autos. It took me slowly cycling the action to see what was happening, but once I figured it out, the solution was just as you described. :yesway:

Top Bottom