• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Greeting to all in INGO land.

I've recently developed a bug to purchase an Benelli M4. I don't know what it is...I just like the look of them. Maybe that's enough by itself to blow that kind of dough on one. Let me figure that part out.

What I'd like to know from the group is, those of you with time behind one, what do you think? Any problems with her eating any sort of ammo you put in her, after a break in period? If you had one and sold it, why? I've read a bunch of reviews online, but you never know who's paying those bills, so I'd like to know what my fellow Hoosiers think. Additionally, I'm thinking of the H20 model, with a "titanium cerakote" finish. Any experience with that?

Your experience is always appreciated.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I don't own a Benelli but I'm interested in what INGO thinks about it so I'll post this comment and bump it back to the top for you.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I think there's a reason they cost what they cost lol. I don't own one, however, I have shot a multitude of them. Softest shoot semi-auto I've handled.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Ive been issued one in 2008 by uncle Sam. We only shot winchester 00 buck and slugs through them but ive never seen one choke in over a thousand rounds. I have seen operator error, but thats a training issue not a mechanical one. The gas system is very robust. The folding stock makes it a handier weapon, though i understand that Benelli doesnt offer that version directly to the public.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    I've owned one for a few years. I've slowly made a few upgrades like the Benelli factory retractable stock, titanium extension tube, larger charging handle, larger bolt release, upgraded scope mounting plate, Trijicon RMR and most recently a 14" barrel when my stamp came although I then had to put the original shell tube back on because the extended one was too long.

Even without those upgrades it is one hell of a shotgun. It did burp on right at the beginning on some extremely light loads but after 50-100 rounds of buckshot and slugs it's been fine.

Costly but I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy - and my wife says I have champagne tastes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ive been issued one in 2008 by uncle Sam. We only shot winchester 00 buck and slugs through them but ive never seen one choke in over a thousand rounds. I have seen operator error, but thats a training issue not a mechanical one. The gas system is very robust. The folding stock makes it a handier weapon, though i understand that Benelli doesnt offer that version directly to the public.

A Folding Stock on an M4?
    That one I haven't heard of. I'm very familiar with the Benelli M3 convertible versions. The M3 had an optional top folder.
    Benelli is a nice quality built and expensive shotgun. I've shot the crap out of the M3s without as much as a hiccup. I have been wanting to get ahold of an M4 collapsible since they came out.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    Awesome combat shotgun... However, the length of pull is very long. Costs a bit to add the collapsible stock and increase the capacity to 7 rounds. Had one... sold it. In my opinion there are shotguns with a better cost to benefit ratio.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just beware of the price of the collapsible stock. When you see the price, your eyes will fall out of your skull.

And once you buy the M4, you will be destined to buy the collapsible stock, it is inevitable. If I was going to buy one, I'd look for a used one that comes with the collapsing stock.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Awesome combat shotgun... However, the length of pull is very long. Costs a bit to add the collapsible stock and increase the capacity to 7 rounds. Had one... sold it. In my opinion there are shotguns with a better cost to benefit ratio.

That's mainly why I never shoot my M1 (other than just not being a shotgun person). Never even held a M4.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    A Folding Stock on an M4?
    That one I haven't heard of. I'm very familiar with the Benelli M3 convertible versions. The M3 had an optional top folder.
    Benelli is a nice quality built and expensive shotgun. I've shot the crap out of the M3s without as much as a hiccup. I have been wanting to get ahold of an M4 collapsible since they came out.
    I was referring to the standard M1014 stock which twists and collapses. So i misspoke when i said folding.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    A friend of mine has one that I have shot quite a bit, most recently last weekend. It’s a great shotgun and handles all sorts of shells. The one thing I hate about it is the stock. I’m 6’1 and i prefer an A2 style stock on my AR, but the length of the m4 stock is tough to get used to. My friend is taller than me by a few inches and he still thinks it’s long, but can manage it better. The price of the collapsible stock is his only deterrent from getting on. So stock aside, it’s an amazing gun.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have one and love it, although I don't shoot it often.... it's a little weird to shoot shotgun at the conservation club range.

They just have a quality feel to them. I had been stalking them for a while, but never actually held one until the wife and I were on vacation in Gatlinburg. We decided to check out the Bass Pro Shops near there, and they had one in stock. As soon as I put it to my shoulder I knew I had to take it home.

They are heavy, and they are expensive. Of course I had to add the longer mag tube and collapsible stock, and the associated parts to satisfy .gov, so that was even more money.

I'd do it again though.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Bumping this as I have the itch as well, but based on the prices I have seen I need to scratch it with a machete!

If you've got the dough and want one, go for it. They're fantastic shotguns but with that said it doesn't do anything a Mossberg 930 won't at a much more reasonable price.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I have had 2 m4's. I currently own a m4 H20 and love it. Yes its pricey but you get what you pay for with firearms imho. If i can answer specifics please feel free to reach out.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't have an M4 because it doesn't really interest me too much, but I have other benelli shotguns and I'm pretty much a benelli loyalist you could say. If you are will to spend they money I'd go for it. They are hard use shotguns for sure. I've seen some 20gage benelli shotguns run 4-6k+ rounds a day everyday for months and keep trucking. In two or three of the guns you'd maybe have replace an extractor or spring and that's about it, and that's after more rounds than any of use have probably shot. Most of them saw some kind of service or at least had a look over around the 90-100k mark regardless of function every month and potential problems were cut off early. Heck I doubt my most used shotgun has seen anywhere close to half that in the last 8-10 years it's been used.

Top Bottom