• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Picked up a new AK today, an Arsenal SLR-107R. Shoots great, the only thing I don’t like is that the front sight post has to be drifted waaay left to zero. Probably a canting issues, but it does zero and the manual says that makes it within specs. It doesn’t really bother me and it se me to be reasonably accurate, at least with me shooting it in the rain. I will get a more thorough shooting session on a sunny day.

Attachments

• 63DDB1A1-4FFF-4ACD-84BB-1BA3A1821B88.jpg
      63DDB1A1-4FFF-4ACD-84BB-1BA3A1821B88.jpg
      114.9 KB · Views: 46

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice rifle!!! Unfortunately we Americans are perfectionists, and unless things are withing unmeasurably small tolerances, we don't like them. The AK family of firearms is the opposite of what we hold dear, and that it is also what makes them so reliable. Tolerances are measured in millimeters and not thousandths. Slop fit is what makes the rifle what it is.

I too go cross-eyed when looking through a sight that is not dead center, but with an AK that has to be overlooked and the fact that they are as accurate as they are, and reliable as they are should be the most important thing.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Congrats, you bought the current best bang-for-buck AK available at this time.
    That sight would bug me a little too, but I bet you won't even notice after a few cases of ammo through it. And if it really bugs you, slap an Aimpoint on top of it in an RS Regulate mount.
    Enjoy, and welcome to the dark side :smileak:

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have had several AK’s over th years but this is the nicest. Price was not too bad, considering what these things go for these days, 895. I put about 200 rounds through it today and the sights don’t bother me when shooting at all. I will eventually put a red dot, probably a holosun circle dot on it. I had acquired so much 7.62x39 ammo over the years that I figured I needed to make another run at the whole AK thing. I might even try it out deer hunting if I can find a hunting load it likes.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Confrats, and be careful they easily multiply. I used to not like AK's. Had a WASR and sold it, regrettably, and then ended up replacing it with four, including a 107FR.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I bought an slr107 and had a smith fix the tilt... I may have gone too far :D Love this rifle.

VJxwW7Q.jpg

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Wow that is one nice looking rifle! If you don't mind me asking, about how much was the charge to get the tilt fixed? It doesn't really bother me, but if it is reasonable, I might consider it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Wow that is one nice looking rifle! If you don't mind me asking, about how much was the charge to get the tilt fixed? It doesn't really bother me, but if it is reasonable, I might consider it.

It's not reasonable or even practical lol. The front sight is removed and replaced with a folding front sight on the gas block. I don't know if he would do just the gas block out not. I bought it as a package.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far, mostly tulammo and wolf. No issues at at. Farthest I have shot so far was 50 yards, lying across a pucnic table, and I got about tangerine sized groups. I’m sure I can do better in better weather and with a proper rest.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far, mostly tulammo and wolf. No issues at at. Farthest I have shot so far was 50 yards, lying across a pucnic table, and I got about tangerine sized groups. I’m sure I can do better in better weather and with a proper rest.

It's just going to get smoother as you go. You are going to love that rifle.

Top Bottom