• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I’ve been researching this rifle as well. Everything I have read says it’s a great rifle, but I’ve also discovered that Ruger has a AR-556 MPR model. It can be bought for about $100 more than the standard model and has upgrades that a make the extra money worth it. Check it out for yourself.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If I remember right, it's not a true mil-spec rifle. They do have some parts that they redesigned and are Ruger only. I'm not saying this is a bad thing but just putting the info out there.

I'll see if I can find more info.

Looks like the delta ring and barrel nut are not milspec.

Breaking Down Ruger's New AR-556

Apparently the delta ring and barrel nut are not mil-spec components; that’s something that could get in the way of certain upgrades, namely free float rail systems that clamp to a standard USGI barrel nut.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have a ar556 elite lower that im pretty happy with. The trigger is pretty awesome. I think i would like the delta ring that they put on their uppers haven't seen one but i like the idea of the threaded ring.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My step-father bought one during the Rural King Black Friday deals last year. Finally got a chance to shoot it myself last weekend. Smooth, lightweight, easy handling, comparable to my Del Ton Sport.

If you want an AR go ahead and get it.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I know a couple people (friend and a relative) that have the Ruger 556. They like it but said that it's not as accurate as other models namely the S&W M&P AR. They didn't say if it shot high or low just that they noticed when shooting it that it was not as accurate. Anyone else have these experiences?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    After owning a ruger 10/22 (p.o.s.) and me having to send my American back....twice........Ruger nothing....

ROCK RIVER ARMS .......

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have owned two of them, maybe 2-3k rounds through them total, and I have nothing bad to say about them. I’m not a sniper, but they seemed accurate enough for me and were totally reliable.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've got one of the base AR556 models. No complaints, 100% reliable, decent trigger, and accuracy is very acceptable. IIRC with good ammo that it likes 1-1.5 MOA is easy with a Leupold 2-7x scope, most run of the mill ammo is 2-2.5 MOA. I like it enough to use it yote hunting in brushy/woods areas where ranges are going to be comparatively short and a quick followup shot might be needed.

Top Bottom