• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well I started spending money and ordering parts so I figured I would document this build.

I will not be doing the work instead a local precision rifle shop will be doing some cerakote, bedding the action in the new stock, and mounting the scope.

Starting
    -Savage BMag 17wsm heavy barrel, polymer stock

Addons
    -Larger bolt knob (the factory is really a pain imho)
    -DIP metal trigger guard
    -DIP single piece scope rail
    -Boyds Pro Varmint stock
    -Will be bedded
    -Thread the bbl to accept my Thunderbeast 22Takedown.
    -Optics are TBD right now I have a sightmark 22mag scope on it that may stay or maybe be replaced with a primary arms offering. I'm going to discus this with the smith doing the work.
    -I will also be adding some sort of a bipod. The Caldwell on my tacsol seems to be just fine on these rimfires, but my vanity may end up hanging a harris on the front of it.

Out of the box I'm holding 1.5" or better groups @100yds with 25gr ammo. 20gr seems to open up a little bit.

I really don't know what to expect out of the rifle once it is done. It may be more of a vanity piece, but it is my only bolt action rimfire and I couldn't stop at just threading the barrel for the suppressor lol. I've seen some unreal rabbit shots with the 17hmr and I'd like to see what a properly set up wsm is going to be capable of.

Here it is the last time I had it out at the conservation club.

XItIlT8.jpg

Top Bottom