• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm going to upgrade my heavy, mil-spec trigger to something a little better. I know there are threads on this but most are a bit older.

The rifle is used mainly for plinking and punching holes in paper, but the occasional varmint trip happens also.

Post your suggestions with a link too please.

UPDATE------ I bought a takeout factory BCM off an INGO member. It's installed and is a good improvement over the milspec one I had. You can read about it towards the end of this thread.

Last edited:

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Rock River Arms National Match.......still a 4 1/2 pound pull but clean, crisp and very nice.....you can get them as a 2 stage or single stage.....I like these, my rifles all use these.....they cost around a hundred bucks.....

Aaron

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    LaRue MBT, or if you can find them just the BCM PNT fire control group they were about $60 last I saw available. Still a mil-spec trigger, but upgraded and very smooth for what it is, and your price point.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have 3 LaRue MBTs.
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

$99. I can’t compare them to anything but a cheap LPK trigger, but I’m very pleased with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I ordered one last year on their black friday sale. It got shipped pretty quick and I had it in less than 2 weeks for $99. I didn't do anything with it, it sat in a parts box until a couple weeks ago. It went into a Spikes Crusader lower that's set up as a pistol waiting for me to fill out the paperwork to SBR it. I've already ordered 2 more. I'll continue to order them one or two at a time until I replace every trigger in all of our ARs. You are not going to beat that trigger for the price. It smokes the ALG trigger I have in my BCM.

Bigtanker, if you are interested in trying out the ALG let me know. Once my next Larue trigger gets here then the ALG will be coming out and just sit in a parts box. I'll send it up to you for a trial run if you like. It will probably never go back into one of ours again. I'm not sure when the Larues will ship, I ordered them on the 2nd "I've got plenty of time" and it's still in pending status.

ETA: They are still on sale right now for $99.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks Rooster. I'm easily pleased so I doubt I won't like the LBT. Anything will be better than the milspec one I've got now.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's not under $100 but if you wait on a sale you can frequently get Geissele 2 stages for $109 from primary and other places.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not up on my 1 vs 2 stage trigger. I've never shot a 2 stage. I know the difference between them and I'm not sure if I really need it. But for that price for a Geissele, I'll keep it in mind.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I just ordered a JMT Saber from Granite Ridge Outfitters. $85 after the 15% discount they have going on. I haven't received it but I work with a guy that says its really nice for a sub $100 trigger. He's got a Timney that's lighter and smoother but he said this one is as good as some of his mid-$100 triggers.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I will say that I've to two RRA two stage that I like a lot. Will be hard to beat them but exploring the Saber for a new lower I'm working on.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I like my ar stoner advanced trigger as much as my alg and can be had for 35 bucks frequently. I don't always like 2 stage triggers. The AR stoner is midways house brand coupled with a jp spring set it's a wonderful single stage for 55 bucks.

Top Bottom