Anyone have any experience with the ISSC MK22 22LR Scar Clone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm looking at possibly buying an ISSC MK22 and had read that some of the earlier rifles had some feeding issues. Does anyone know if these problems have persisted or if they are more reliable now? I searched this on INGO but only saw a few articles of people selling them or briefly mentioning them. I already have a H&K MP5 22SD and love it. Just looking to add something else to the collection that I can shoot with my kid. Thanks for your feedback!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Not really apples to apples but I have an ISSC M22 pistol. It is not 100% reliable even with quality ammo and cleaned regularly. Since it is a target gun and not ever used for carry I put up with it. I like the looks and feel of it but it's no Browning Buckmark when it comes to reliability or accuracy. Not sure if this also applies to the MK22 but something to take into consideration. If it's cheap and just a range toy then 99% function might be ok.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    So i have shot one a bit. they are fun to play with and the one I shot was very reliable. Its super light and with a can on it was a lot of fun. if you can get one for cheap id go for it...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My advice would be to look around and try to find a later model RX22 which is the Anschutz version of the MK22 for a good price. The quality control on them tend to be better since Anschutz took it over after the early versions of both brands had a significant amount of problems. I have an RX22 and have had zero problems with it through a few hundred rounds. When I picked mine up, the Anschutz version was going for about the same price as the ISSC. You also get an Anschutz barrel on the RX22.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have the Anschutz version and I love it. But you must get the heaviest highest velocity rounds you can find for it, because it does not like light ammo.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have the Anschutz version and I love it. But you must get the heaviest highest velocity rounds you can find for it, because it does not like light ammo.

Mine has shot everything I've tried in it and I haven't tried anything beyond cheap bulk ammo. I've even shot bulk Remington.

Top Bottom