• ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Hey all

At the Sunman Gun show hosted by Straight Shooters, I found a Rossi M92 Lever gun in .357 with a loading Gate on the Side and a removable Tube and round cutout like most tube fed .22s.
    My question is was this a short run option for their rifle worth the $400 the seller was asking, or did I miss out on a rarity?

The reason for this question is I already have 1 with just the loading gate, no cut out or removable tube.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I believe that was standard fare for Rossi's in the 92 model.
    I have the same thing chambered in .357, and another one in .454 Casull, and they both have the loading gate and the removable tube.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Interesting. I have a 92 in .45 Colt, 24" octagonal bbl. Loading gate only, standard Winchester style tube. Depending on the model and shape that might not have been a bad price anyway, many of these are not being imported anymore...like mine. On their website they currently list only the carbine and only in .45, so no more imports of .38/.357, and all with standard tubes not the Henry-esc removable tube.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Not anymore desirable, it was just a thing Rossi did once
    Upon a time but no longer have. Couldn't tell you when or why but probably a cost cutting procedure.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Mine was purchased shortly after voting for Reagan the first time. Had loading gate only.
    The extractor wouldn't stay put. But it was an awesome jack rabbit machine in the Utah sage brush and Texas border country.
    Used the RCBS 162 grain SWC mold and just enough powder to get it there.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A quick look at Gunbroker shows all of the R92s for sale being more than $400. The cheapest currently sitting at $450 and some recent auctions having closed for close to a grand.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just sold an Interarms import with the el tigre medallion on the receiver in 44 magnum for $450 and the guy skipped out the door with joy...I would say you did fine....Those Interarms import Rossi m92's are a step above the current offerings....Very well put together little rifles....

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Interesting. I have a 92 in .45 Colt, 24" octagonal bbl. Loading gate only, standard Winchester style tube. Depending on the model and shape that might not have been a bad price anyway, many of these are not being imported anymore...like mine. On their website they currently list only the carbine and only in .45, so no more imports of .38/.357, and all with standard tubes not the Henry-esc removable tube.

I thought the same thing. But if you click on one of the rifles, it says underneath all the different calibers available. .357/.38 is one of them. Although I have been keeping my eye out for about 6 months, and .357/.38 has not been available. I sent Gallery of Guns an e-mail asking if they stopped making them last night. Waiting for a reply. I have a couple 44mag lever guns and one is the M92 Rossi. I would like to add a .357/.38 as well.

Gallery of Guns did respond to my e-mail about the Rossi 92

[FONT=&quot]We have not been informed by Rossi that the gun is discontinued and still expect to get more of these guns. Rossi did move their manufacturing facility though and I believe that may be a contributing factor to a lot of their guns being out of stock lately. Beyond that you may have to contact Rossi for more information.[/FONT]

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That is confusing on their site. The title and technical specs both say .45 colt but the write up says a variety of calibers and the loading gate/tube loading for the .454 Casull. They do seem to be carbine only with no rifle length guns.

Moving the manufacturing facility usually does not bode well for the quality of first issue...

Top Bottom