• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    Anyone done any of their own modifications or upgrades to one of the hi-point carbines. I see no point in slapping cheap tacticool stuff on one, but if there are any legitimate modifications id be interested in seeing them.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dont really see a need for any upgrades to them. Not really sure there are any. I have a 9mm and 45 carbine. The 9 is just like it was from the factory other than adding the buttstock mag holder and i shoot it with the iron sights. 45 i have a foregrip, buttstock mag holder and a bushnell trs 25 on it. Accurate as all get out from the factory and will eat anything you feed it as long as you stay away from the aftermarket promags.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My 9mm Hi-Point Carbine came with the foregrip. I don't care for the foregrip but the kids and wife like it to give them a better hold on the rifle. I did add a Bushnell red dot to it which makes it very accurate. Overall I didn't feel the need to add anything more. It's cheap reliable fun.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Sub $50 Red dot.
    A trigger would be a nice mod. Not Aware of anyone making one. And at the end of the day, the chunk of plastic where a trigger should be, works well enough.

Hard to find more fun for the dollars.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    I did take the iron sights off, and add a Sightmark reflex that moves around on my guns a lot. There are aluminum triggers available, but it's just the shoe. None of the links that I know of. I was wondering about modifying the factory foregrip, possibly shaving some of the ribbing off, and doing a custom stipple?
    Maybe do some polishing on the trigger parts.
    Thread the barrel for a real flash hider.

I just can't leave anything alone. No matter how cheap it is.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I put the ATI stock on one. It does resemble the Beretta, but the ATI stock really improves shootability. A big improvement over the Planet of the Apes stock.
    The newer style, while still ugly, looks like it might run ok.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    I put the ATI stock on one. It does resemble the Beretta, but the ATI stock really improves shootability. A big improvement over the Planet of the Apes stock.
    The newer style, while still ugly, looks like it might run ok.

The ATI stock does bear a resemblance to the CX4...just without the $700 price tag. Not to say the Highpoint shoots like one, but not a bad poor man's version of the storm.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    They run and are heavy with more recoil than alot of centerfire rifles, but at least they arent pretty. I turned mine into $200. Best sale ever. There are better rifles out there for certain.
    Buy a buncha mags if yer gonna keep one.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wouldn't sink money into a hipoint or you're defeating the purpose of such an inexpensive firearm.

Unless you're going the NFA route, in which case many may call you crazy, but you're going in the only rational direction for it.

Top Bottom