• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Almost done with my m-16 clone now that I have a Brownells 601 receiver installed. Just need the correct bolt and the early 3 prong duck bill flash hider. Not sure if I'll ever find the correct "buttons" for the lower since no one makes them.. I'll have to keep an eye out for them at the gun shows.

7EjMvTJ.jpg

rLnPP87.jpg

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Working on one myself right now just got my Brownells lower last weekend. Hoping to get the last of the parts I need at Knob Creek next weekend. I think I am going to bead blast the lower and try to match the Colt upper though. I did try to find a Colt sp1 lower for my build but the prices for those are insane.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Looks great!

FWIW, I know people obsess about getting every little detail correct, but the way I look at it is that since you can't build it as a full-auto, you can never get it exactly correct anyway. Why worry about it? If you do want to worry about though, be aware you will also need to find an old selector switch that doesn't have the indicator line on the reverse side. They didn't use to have that.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Looks great!

FWIW, I know people obsess about getting every little detail correct, but the way I look at it is that since you can't build it as a full-auto, you can never get it exactly correct anyway. Why worry about it? If you do want to worry about though, be aware you will also need to find an old selector switch that doesn't have the indicator line on the reverse side. They didn't use to have that.

Thanks everybody! Heres a great website on the early ones http://www.retroblackrifle.com/ they got a lot of good info on all the different models

ya I need to find these. Might have to machine them myself though unless I can find the originals at a gun show. Hoping brownells will start making them too.

aZ2eWs9.png

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Beautiful! I got antsy and bought the Wyndam Weaponry 20" GI model. I like it but Wish I would have waited and built one with the funds.

This one really started its life closer to an A1 model and slowly just been changing bits and pieces. Tried bidding I the correct buffer tube on gunbroker but it went for over $100, a bit much for my blood especially something that's not easily seen on it either lol.

It gets expensive quick doing a 601 clone. Saw an original stripped 601 upper receiver at knob creek this weekend and the guy wanted $900!! My SP1 upper will have to do for now

Top Bottom