• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    This is an old Punt shotgun made around 1900+ or -used to hunt water fowl. A friend of mine owns it now and is hoping to sell it soon but is having trouble determining a value. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to find a value. It is just under 10 Feet long and has a 1" bore. There are not a lot to compare it to. Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I do not think this is a punt gun, the stock has more an Indian / Asian look. It looks more like a wall gun, punt guns do not usually have a muzzle flare like that..

It almost looks Matchlock..

Would love to see closeups of those barrel bands..

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Take it down to Falls City Firearms! :ar15::laugh:

I am sure Rick can find a place for it.... you know repelling Canadians or something

I don't know about wall gun... just for the fact that who the hell would drag that back to the USA?

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    Definitely a recent repair. an old rusty nail would look better. This writing is on the top of the barrel, but I can not make it out.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Most of the hammer area is missing. click on the pics and it will take you to another pic which is larger

The hammer looks there, that is a matchlock.. that is why the trigger is so large.. When you "pull" the trigger, it moves up???? lowering the match arm..

Does the "hammer" snap or slowly move as the trigger is "pulled"????? Now lets see the primer pan.... Is the hole still there.. or was a hole ever there????

I would be almost willing to go on a limb here and do not think those barrel bands look strong enough to hold that rascal if it ever fired...

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    This is a decorative gun, it was never meant to be fired.. I know India sells some high grade replicas with out holes and let the end buyer drill the hole assuming all the risks.. but I do not think this is one of those...

besides doing that is like handing peanuts to a monkey.. nothing but problems...

aid277884-v4-728px-Repel-Monkeys-from-Residential-Areas-Step-2-Version-2.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do not think this is a punt gun, the stock has more an Indian / Asian look. It looks more like a wall gun, punt guns do not usually have a muzzle flare like that..

It almost looks Matchlock..

Would love to see closeups of those barrel bands..

Yep....Not a punt gun...Wall gun for certain....Asian or perhaps Middle Eastern...More likely Asian....And seems decorative...Like Indy1919 said...Not safe to shoot...Unless DoggyDaddy's willing to try....He'll try anything....

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yep....Not a punt gun...Wall gun for certain....Asian or perhaps Middle Eastern...More likely Asian....And seems decorative...Like Indy1919 said...Not safe to shoot...Unless DoggyDaddy's willing to try....He'll try anything....

Like you getting him hooked on that Blindfold Mumbley Peg.. you know his nickname is 3 toe when he plays.... thank God 3 toe Pete from Greenwood goofed up last month or it would have been real confusing. The rules committee has to find a better naming convention...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom