Cool info on the Martini Henry Ammunition..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Good videos. Thanks for posting them. I have a few Martini Henry rounds in my collection. I am still kicking myself for not ordering a rifle back years ago when they were dirt cheap.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Good finds on both of those videos. That second video - Holy Cow! - talk about PhD level handloading. Not many people can say they have truly crafted their cartridges from scratch like that guy did. It's one thing to reform an existing case, or even lathe turn one out of brass rod, but this is a whole other level. The shotgun primer and 2F blackpowder are probably the only 2 things he didn't make himself.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Good finds on both of those videos. That second video - Holy Cow! - talk about PhD level handloading. Not many people can say they have truly crafted their cartridges from scratch like that guy did. It's one thing to reform an existing case, or even lathe turn one out of brass rod, but this is a whole other level. The shotgun primer and 2F blackpowder are probably the only 2 things he didn't make himself.

What is amazing is that the 1st Martini Henry ammo was put together like this.. The time and effort.. But they were taking advantage of the cheaper labor with the Widows and Orphans then putting in more money in modern brass making equipment..

Just a fun video of someone shooting one of these... this guy goes all out.. only issue he goes to far in is worrying about the round jamming, you pretty much needed to add Hot weather and repeatedly shot barrels... He did neither for this test..
    but that is nit picking... It is fun just seeing Old ammo work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdSzOztikGc

Top Bottom