Inherited this Lee-Enfield. I don't know much about them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well, congrats on the inheritance. As far as the rifle goes obviously it use to be a Number 4 mark 1 Enfield. It has been heavily modified and would have very little collectors value. Looks like it had a scope mount on it at some point judging by the holes in the receiver. I wish people hadn't sporterized so many of these historic warhorses.

How does the inside of the barrel look? Most of the original ammunition was very corrosive. The saving grace is that most of the hunting ammo produced later on was not corrosive.

I think you would need to find someone who likes it for what it is and not what is use to be. Basically wanting to use it as is. I would say the value is around 250.00 full retail. I am interested to see what others have to say......

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think you summed it up well Wolfhound.
    Reminder just because it's old, doesn't mean it's worth Gold.

Sporterizing old war rifles was the thing to do in the 1950's, they made great "hunting rifles", it is too bad so many were ruined for us here in the future.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Sporterizing old war rifles was the thing to do in the 1950's, they made great "hunting rifles", it is too bad so many were ruined for us here in the future.

Yep - it's easy to forget how cheap, readily-available these were. Also, were they not so popular for hunting, they may not exists at all.

Top Bottom