• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hello INGO,
    This is the first thread that I havestarted. I need some advice.

I am looking at getting a new middle of the road AR. I have read on here some nice things about LWRCARs. I am looking at the standard DI guns not theIC, those are a bit more than what I can spend at this time.
    Here are the two guns:

LWRCI-DI M-LOK https://www.lwrci.com/p-5071-ic-di-m-lok-556.aspx
    LWRCI-DI https://www.lwrci.com/p-839-ic-di-standard-556.aspx

I am leaning towards the M-LOK just because of the options.

Does anyone know of a shop around Indy that has LWRC guns instock? If not, I am looking about purchasing from Buds.

So what would kind of advice does INGO have?

Thanks!

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    M Lok’s weren’t that cheap and if I was going to get one, that’s the one I would pick up. It gives you so many more options for mounting accessories. I have been searching for years for a low profile simple scout mount for my IC SPR, and haven’t been happy with any of the solutions I’ve tried.

They are are a nice rifle, LWRC customer service is excellent, I really like my LWRC. Like I said, if I were going to buy another LWRC rifle it would be the M Lok DI. You get 90 percent of the more expensive ones with a better rail.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    M Lok’s weren’t that cheap and if I was going to get one, that’s the one I would pick up. It gives you so many more options for mounting accessories. I have been searching for years for a low profile simple scout mount for my IC SPR, and haven’t been happy with any of the solutions I’ve tried.

They are are a nice rifle, LWRC customer service is excellent, I really like my LWRC. Like I said, if I were going to buy another LWRC rifle it would be the M Lok DI. You get 90 percent of the more expensive ones with a better rail.

Jump on Impact Weapons Components website and send Earl a message. He doesn't advertise it, but makes a mount exactly like you're looking for. I've got one on my IC-PDW, which has the exact same mounting holes as your SPR.

As for the DI, I have a distributor exclusive (MGE I think) in Coyote Tan with an M-Lok rail. I'm a big fan of all things LWRC and have had a total of 6, with 3 in the safe now (well, technically, one is just an ambi-lower with a BCM 11.5 upper). If you're debating between the two different rail options, I guess it just boils down to what kind of accessories you plan on outfitting it with. I always put a handstop/foregrip and also mount Surefires on every rifle. M-Lok tends to lend itself to easier mounting solutions. I'm a fan of M-Lok, but wouldn't pass on a good deal for the standard rail.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They were a decent buy when they were around $1k. Lots of bells and whistles. Not my cup of tea.

For a solid midrange ar under $1k, look for a Colt or BCM.

If you can build (you can), the Larue UU kits are still $800. It’s a complete Larue without a lower receiver. Silly good deal if you can tighten a few bolts and punch in a few pins.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    which parts fall into this category?

The rail , the BCG is technically proprietary but I have ran a "mil-spec" BCG in mine to see if it works and it ran fine. Allot of the lower small parts are proprietary as well due to it being a true 100% ambi lower. Those are all the parts I can think of currently.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The rail , the BCG is technically proprietary but I have ran a "mil-spec" BCG in mine to see if it works and it ran fine. Allot of the lower small parts are proprietary as well due to it being a true 100% ambi lower. Those are all the parts I can think of currently.
    Used to be the stock/receiver extension/buffer tube as well, that may have changed. The big deal is lower small parts. They have to come from LWRC. If they go **** up, then what? You just can’t order up a new LPK and keep on keepin’ on. I like LWRC, but proprietary parts are a nogo for me, as I stock multiple MIL-SPEC lower parts kits to keep my stable healthy.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Jump on Impact Weapons Components website and send Earl a message. He doesn't advertise it, but makes a mount exactly like you're looking for. I've got one on my IC-PDW, which has the exact same mounting holes as your SPR.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out.

The only proprietary part on the IC lower that can’t be replaced with milspec is the bolt catch. Even then, I believe (although I haven’t tried obviously) that you could replace the left side with a milspec catch and just remove the ambi part on the other side. The dimensions look the same.

What it boils down to is do you want the features of the Ambi lower or the ability to easily source parts. LWRC is an established company with great customer service. If something breaks, they will fix it. If you want to be able to do repairs yourself, or are worried that the company won’t be available to get parts in the future, then milspec might be a better option. The Larue kits are a great deal right now.

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thank you for all the advice. I decided on getting the MLOK version. I tried to get one through Elmores but they could not find one. I call US Defense Solutions and they found one and had it ready
    for me to pick up the next day. I am hoping to hit the range this weekend.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thank you for all the advice. I decided on getting the MLOK version. I tried to get one through Elmores but they could not find one. I call US Defense Solutions and they found one and had it ready
    Congrats, hope it works out well for you.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus

USDS are great people. Congrats. Hope you enjoy!

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus

Congrats on the purchase. You'll love it. I think MLok is the way to go. I had a moment of weakness (trying to fund another Scar 17) and had mine for sale for about a day and a half and pulled the ad. Just couldn't do it lol.

Top Bottom