• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Finally had an opportunity to zero my Trijicon Accupower on the WOA upper I had built last year. This is my dedicated coyote killer and I hope to do some serious damage with it come late summer and into deer season. I'm still using a crappy mil spec trigger and I haven't found the right stock setup for me to shoot comfortably yet but I'll take these results any day.

1iOPatLh.jpg

After a quick boresight I fired 5 rounds of American Eagle 55gr FMJ

WX5sPAPh.jpg

Made some scope adjustments and fed her five rounds of Hornady 75gr BTHP

mXP1TVDh.jpg

Another adjustment and another 5 rounds of Hornady

yUxYg0sh.jpg

I'll get a better trigger in her and work out the stock height issue which should only improve things from here. Why can't it always go like this?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Maybe get a better shooter to zero your stuff?

:D

(I keed, I keed.)

I'm a bit rusty, there's no doubt about it. The gentleman who helped me spec out this upper and order it with WOA had it shooting better than I have (big thanks to him).

Also just test fired my old faithful LMT SBR with their new PDW stock on it. Their kit includes a bcg weight, proprietary spring and shorter receiver extension so I was skeptical until it proved its viability. Ran like a sewing machine just like it always has, very pleased with this upgrade.

SGDDz4Nh.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That looks awesome.

Out of curiosity, what's better about the PDW? I mean, I like the look, but is there a functional improvement?

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    John makes good stuff

White Oak makes good stuff.. Just curious, what are the details on the barrel?

John told me personally that he uses Wilson blanks for his own match rifles, and that they are every bit as accurate as Kreigers. Being button rifled vs. cut, they seem to have a bit less live than a cut rifled tube, but the mechanical accuracy of a new one is as good as anything.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    I'm a bit rusty, there's no doubt about it. The gentleman who helped me spec out this upper and order it with WOA had it shooting better than I have (big thanks to him).

Also just test fired my old faithful LMT SBR with their new PDW stock on it. Their kit includes a bcg weight, proprietary spring and shorter receiver extension so I was skeptical until it proved its viability. Ran like a sewing machine just like it always has, very pleased with this upgrade.

SGDDz4Nh.jpg

That is one beautiful rifle set-up!

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    White Oak makes good stuff.. Just curious, what are the details on the barrel?

John told me personally that he uses Wilson blanks for his own match rifles, and that they are every bit as accurate as Kreigers. Being button rifled vs. cut, they seem to have a bit less live than a cut rifled tube, but the mechanical accuracy of a new one is as good as anything.

It's a 16", 7.7 twist Krieger with WOA's varmint chamber IIRC.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Got the scope height issue workout out with a GG&G GS-1 riser and installed the Larue RISR on the CTR stock. I could use another 3/16" for it to be perfect but it's better than it was. I also put a POF single stage flat trigger in it which should allow for better accuracy. Hoping I'll get a chance to re-zero this week and see how it does.

7F6Ojwih.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hope you retire soon, so you have to live like the rest of us, on a smaller budget!;) Awesome sticks, the stubby LMT makes my pants move!

Top Bottom