Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

First Lever Action

So I recently traded for an almost mint condition Marlin 1894 CS chambered in 357Mag. This is my first lever action and has possibly sparked a new found love. The previous owner said it had been fired less than 10 times and I likely tripled that amount over the weekend. It was an absolute blast to shoot. If I can't get a deer during bow season or while hunting on private ground, there is a good chance this will be my new deer gun. Last years obsession was ARs and now its old cowboy guns.

Trevor | NRA Life Member

User Info Menu

Nice looking lever gun!
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Nice looking lever gun!
    We got another one coming over to the dark side Leadeye....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

Heck of a good entry into the lever world.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice way to start your collection. Pretty grain in the stock also. My Marlins are some of my favorites.

Expert

User Info Menu

That is a very nice looking rifle. That wood looks like it is glowing in the first two shots.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

The .357's are harder to find than the .44's, and therefore more sought after, and more expensive.
    For an all-around pistol caliber rifle, you can't get much better than the .357mag.

Better watch yourself though. Levers have a way of sneaking up on you, and before you know it, you just HAVE to have another.

My first lever was a Marlin 1894 in .44mag.
    That was some time ago.
    I now have levers in, .22lr, .22mag, .327fed/mag, .357mag, .44mag, .454Casull, .35Rem, .30-30Win, .45/70gvt.

It can become a habit...
    NRA Instructor/Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with broadening your horizons...now you'll need matching wheel guns and a period correct shotgun too. A win94 .30-30 was the first long arm I bought, the first of a few lever guns.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    We got another one coming over to the dark side Leadeye....
    Good to have a convert, but lever guns to me are the guns of America, John Wayne, Bucky O' Neil, Teddy Roosevelt. from 50-95 to 25-20 I love them all. I like Marlins and have several, but just the sound of the word Winchester causes great emotion.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I forgot to add that the serial # dates it to the year I was born which really sweetened the deal for me!
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast