• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I just picked up this new Mossberg MVPin .223 I could not pass on the excellent deal I was presented, I had never seen one before, but it looked nice in the pic, but when I seen it in person, the picture did it no Justice, this is amazingly crafted, I was shocked at how heavy duty this rifle is, it has a 24" fluted and threaded heavy barrel, the wood is very nice and the balance was too good to believe! The best part is, it will accept standard AR15 mags! I have not had any experience with these and would like to hear your stories, good and bad..:twocents:

Attachments

• DSC_0704-1.jpg
      DSC_0704-1.jpg
      319.8 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You left out the caliber.
    I bought one late last year during one f the sales events.
    Mine is just the plain Jane walnut stock, but the checkering is outstanding and the wood grain is beautiful.

Mine is chambered for the venerable .30-06 and it performs as good as it looks.
    Mine also wears a fluted and threaded barrel.

I would have to agree. The MVP is a solid built rifle, and an outstanding deal for the money.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    very cool. I remember when these came out, there was some buzz that seems to have faded due to the newest shiniest things.
    very good value.

Keep us posted in accuracy (i'd expect it to be good)

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    I've seen these around before but I never realized they took AR mags, that's pretty cool on a bolt action. Let us know how it shoots, I may have to get something else to use some of these STANAG mags on lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I reveiwed one of these for my channel and it did very. It shot great and the added benifit of using standard AR mags was very nice...

[video=youtube;eWmVUlR2u3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmVUlR2u3o&t=4s[/video]

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I reveiwed one of these for my channel and it did very. It shot great and the added benifit of using standard AR mags was very nice...

[video=youtube;eWmVUlR2u3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmVUlR2u3o&t=4s[/video]
    thanks for the video, very informative :ingo:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If .308 was legal for deer on public land, I probably would have bought one of those MVP Patrols/Hog Hunters/whatever that take AR10 magazines and have a standard optic rail. They seem like outstanding practical rifles for a reasonable price.

Top Bottom