• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Whats the real world reviews on this Mossberg as an all round shooter for the price? Not exactly a shotgun expert, have owned 870's, old model 37's, and an 1100 in the past. Currently am shotgun dry and would like to add one. As stated, it will be an all round user-nothing specific-not a deer hunter.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have one, does not run worth a crap. Allot of documented issues on the 3-gun forums . Personally I am trading mine in towards a Benelli M2

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    What kind of issues? Low brass? 2 3/4 loads or 3"? I'm not a 3 gun shooter just curious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have one, does not run worth a crap. Allot of documented issues on the 3-gun forums . Personally I am trading mine in towards a Benelli M2

I had issues with a 930 I bought from an Ingo member a few years back. It was new and he said he never ran it. It had a feed issue. Easily fixed. That is the only one that ever gave me any crap at all.

In the end they are Mossburgs after all.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I had issues with a 930 I bought from an Ingo member a few years back. It was new and he said he never ran it. It had a feed issue. Easily fixed. That is the only one that ever gave me any crap at all.

In the end they are Mossburgs after all.
    Thanks

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Appreciate the offer CM. If I was heading down that way soon, I would take you up on that. If all they take is a little tinkering and tuning, I'm good with that. Can't seem to leave anything alone anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Appreciate the offer CM. If I was heading down that way soon, I would take you up on that. If all they take is a little tinkering and tuning, I'm good with that. Can't seem to leave anything alone anyway.

If you get one and have issues with it let me know.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've got a 930 SPX (not the JM model) that I bought here in the classified some years ago. I practice with it fairly often and it's been flawless with all kinds of loads. I have enough confidence in it to put in my home defense lineup. It has a side saddle and a weapon light up front.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have am JM Pro 930 that I LOVE! It does not like the low brass / low recoil loads. But otherwise, so long as you keep her clean (about every 300-500 rounds), I say they are good to go.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I barrowed a FN SLP awhile back a few times for some three gun fun. It's number one on my hit list.

Mossy seems like the quality isn't there. The FN was unreal. My wife ran the crap out of it too. Extremely soft shooting and very fast. Felt heavy duty.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What kind of issues? Low brass? 2 3/4 loads or 3"? I'm not a 3 gun shooter just curious.

Currently in Disney on vacation sorry for the late reply but 2.75 shells , birdshot and buckshot would not run, slugs ran fine for whatever reason. Totally broke the gun down cleaned / lubed it and still same issues. It is an early one however with the documented issues. I should probably just send it back to Mossberg honestly .

That being said I got my hands on a Benelli M2 and it shoot allot softer and was much more manageable at least in my opinion. The ammo used was Federal so not cheap bargain basement shottie ammo

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Thanks for the reply. Will keep this in mind. Just didn’t want to dish out the cash for the benelli.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    I have one and love it. No issues. However I do not use it for 3 gun only for some bird hunting and clays. I have ran it all day shooting clays many times and had 0 issues. I have however heard that in 3 gun you need to keep them well lubed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Had a couple of 930 Jungle Guns, neither would cycle reliably enough to justify keeping them. Benelli M1S90 solved all my semi shotgun woes. Now I HAVE to find a decent M3 so I can have a pump too!

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Daughter has a JM Pro that she used when starting out in 3 Gun, will not cycle with low recoil shells, everything else seems to run fine. It needs to be kept clean and lubed, if the gas piston gets too dirty it just stops. It's her backup gun now but it's not an Benelli.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I also have a 930SPX. It had a few issues with lighter loads when I first got it. After 50 or so shells through it, it has fed everything I've stuck into it.

I really like it, and it is always a hit when I have people over to shoot.

Top Bottom