• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Is that the last of the Garands? Kind of cool to see all them come home. Man, if they could only tell the stories of their travels.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In 2003 somewhere south of Al Kut Iraq a warehouse had around 1000 or so M1’s and another two buildings full of ammo.
    Along with a bunch of Lee Enfield’s and Mauser’s.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I might actually buy one from them this time around. I have a Blue Sky Korean import but it would be nice to have a CMP Garand to go with it. Any word on WHEN these will be for sale?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CMP currently shows some field grade rifles available. May not be Filipino though.

Just got a field grade several weeks ago. Given what Ive seen in that video, I'd buy sooner rather than later. Or pray you get one of the Turkish rifles. Many of those Philipino returns are in sad shape. Im sure that the CMP guys will do their best, but I expect a plethora of rack grade rifles from that country. (and the recycling bins for steel scrap behind the shop filling quicker :):)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I saw that video. Thought that was a ton of money for fire wood and scrap iron. Good on them for preserving Merica and getting them back home.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Glad we kept the world free with our munitions for so long, sad to see the shape they get to come back in! I'd like to grab another M1 at some point, but I like the service grade pretty strictly.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'd like to grab another M1 at some point, but I like the service grade pretty strictly.

I'm more interested in the special grade myself. As much as I like a piece of history, I'd rather have something that has been given a new life. It's more my speed to see an old rifle that wasn't good for much given a new lease on life with new parts and refinishing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I did it, dropped the check in the mail this morning for a service grade IHC!:rockwoot: They say 2 week delivery time on it so hopefully a new toy will join the fold soon. Now all I need is a Winchester to go along with my Special Springfield and my correct grade H&R and I'll have the complete set!!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Well I did it, dropped the check in the mail this morning for a service grade IHC!:rockwoot: They say 2 week delivery time on it so hopefully a new toy will join the fold soon. Now all I need is a Winchester to go along with my Special Springfield and my correct grade H&R and I'll have the complete set!!

Nice!
    I've got 2 Springfield's, Would like the whole set. Both of mine are WWII serial #'s

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    CMP emailed me yesterday and said they have received my order and I just got an email from my CC showing a charge to CMP:rockwoot:. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

Once my CC was charged my CMP Garand was at my door in two days. Got a late '44 SA with most of the parts correct to it's manuafacture. The Barrel, op rod, w/e knobs and stock were mid 50s replacements. It already has appropriate SA late WW2 lock bar w/e knobs on it now. It is quite accurate and to beat it all it's a field grade. Got it on June 13th.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    FedEx left the house at 9 a.m. this morning, not too bad with a total time of 6 days from the time I dropped the "check in the mail" to opening the package in my kitchen. On a quick cursory inspection none of the exposed metal has any pitting or corrosion, it's got an 11/54 LMR barrel so a good chance it's never been rebarreled. The stock is all new CMP cartouched dark walnut like my Springfield Special that I bought about 10 years ago. It appears to be a GREAT piece and can't wait to take it out for a test drive!!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom