• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    While I was out Garage Sailing today, picked up a very nice little 9mm Spanish Destroyer Carbine.. Maybe one of the great gun names & crests of all time..

Ran her down to the range and she shoot flawlessly all 5 different makes of 9mm that I bought at wally world.. So that is a nice little advantage of a bolt action 9mm carbine over a Semi auto..

And to be fair it is almost a Mauser... There is a Mauser design in there..

2z3z69t.jpg

14npgeu.jpg

Not mine but better picture of the crest

25a0e4f8a9435cea3712f3227530d337.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice...I think I'm lucky when I find cast iron cookware at a garage sale...

I always have high hopes for garage sales, especially when they're advertised as "HUGE SALE!". Unfortunately, most of the time I find that "HUGE SALE" means they have a lot of chipped coffee cups, Christmas decorations and old t-shirts. :n00b: Oh, and if I see women's and children's clothing displayed prominently, I just keep on driving.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Now it needs a integral silencer from Curtis Higgins at S&H

You know I was thinking the same thing, except there was an interesting quote that I came across from the the head of the design team of Ayra Duria.
    He was being asked about other changes and attachments that people were wanting to add to the Destroyer Carbine in the 1960s. He stated.

"¿Cuál es el problema con usted, no hay suficientes otras armas para estropear sin estropear nuestra obra maestra?"

Now look, I think he may have been a bit strong.. But many times Spanish gun designers can have fiery tempers...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Awesome. You load it down far enough and it'll make a great bunny and squirrel gun. I've thought for years how good one of those rascals would be for hunting. A .360 Rook rifle? Hah!

Top Bottom