• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have succumb to the allure for a Kidd trigger. I blame it on a buddy who bought a red trigger two stage. I hate him for showing it to me and letting me feel that super crisp break.

I have a VQ hammer in mine and while not bad, the trigger housing does not fit my receiver very well. I feel a wobble as I slowly press the trigger & the break is still a bit crunchy. Kidd has some tapped & countersunk receiver pins to fix the wobble. I threw the pin kit in the cart and couldn't help myself and also threw a 3.0 lb 2 stage flat red trigger in as well.

It's cheaper than buying a whole new gun (was looking at a T-bolt or a CZ 455 or that fancy Australian rifle I forget the name of) right?

Once I get all these parts I'll bed the receiver into my KKC stock and see if I can come anywhere close to Rayne's score at a CMP Rimfire match. Lords knows I'll need all the help I can get to keep pace with her. :bowdown:

[edit - KKC stock -> https://www.altamontco.com/rifle-stocks/1022/KKC/ I'm not real sure if I can make this a CMP legal stock. Advice welcome.]

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    [edit - KKC stock -> https://www.altamontco.com/rifle-stocks/1022/KKC/ I'm not real sure if I can make this a CMP legal stock. Advice welcome.]

I'm not sure on that stock being CMP rimfire sporter legal, but I love it. It's fixes all the flaws I find with most stocks. Combs and Butt Plates aren't suppose to be adjustable. Make sure you know what your receiver, barrel and scope weigh. It would be a bit heavy for my rifle setup. My stock has to be under 2# and this one is weighing in at 2#11oz. Remember you have to stay 7.5# or under to make weight. And that trigger has to lift 3# before breaking. They give you three tries, and will let you fix or change it and come back if it won't lift the weight. We're getting ready to put three or four CMP sanctioned Rimfire Sporter Matches on at Bedford. I hope you will come out and shoot with us.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The KKC butt plate uses bolts. I think that can pass for legal. It's the comb I was worried about. If I wrap it so the bolt heads are not accessible would that pass muster?

I'll be OK on the trigger. I ordered a 3.25 lb and specified that it pass the CMP 3.0 break limit.

Total weight? Hmm... I'll need to weigh everything. I have a Kidd tapered barrel on it but it's a touch heavier than stock.

Am I correct that scope magnification needs to be fixed &/or no higher than 6x?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Kidd says they can't set the two stage weight above 2.5 lbs so I guess I go with a single stage. That saved me some $$$.

Top Bottom