• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive always wanted one of these chassis but could never really justify the cost, but earlier this year I finally said to heck with it and got one. Now after shooting it over the past 5 months I dont see how I went so long, I should have got one years ago. They just make the rifle so easy to shoot, it makes the rifle very stable when shooting from the bench, prone or even shooting off barracades. The accuracy improvements are an added bonus as well, granted IMO its just making the accuracy thats already there more usable. So for anyone that's on the fence about getting one, just do it!

Savage_XLR.jpg

Here are a few groups at 275yrds

XLR_group_275.jpg

[video=youtube;0WWin9f06us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWin9f06us[/video]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It took alot of self convinicing to get one. Ive wanted one for a long time, but so glad I finally pulled the trigger on one. I agree, it just makes the rifle so much easier to shoot I guess is a good way to put it...

Sweet looking rig BTW.........

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It took alot of self convinicing to get one. Ive wanted one for a long time, but so glad I finally pulled the trigger on one. I agree, it just makes the rifle so much easier to shoot I guess is a good way to put it...

Sweet looking rig BTW.........

Ive owned the XLR, Mcree's, and one other chassis that I cant recall. For me, I just cant get accustom them. I really dont know how to explain it, but they just feel "cold" to me. That said, they are much better than factory.

That said, different strokes for different folks. If we all liked the same kit, there would only be one option.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Ive owned the XLR, Mcree's, and one other chassis that I cant recall. For me, I just cant get accustom them. I really dont know how to explain it, but they just feel "cold" to me. That said, they are much better than factory.

That said, different strokes for different folks. If we all liked the same kit, there would only be one option.

+1

I owned a RPR 223 for a while, and while it had everything I could possibly want in a bolt action 223...I just couldn't get comfortable behind the thing.

Give me an McM A5, Manners T2, or the new B&C Medalist Target/Competition stock (which is basically a heavier, less 'bombproof' T2A clone) and I'm money...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    +1

I owned a RPR 223 for a while, and while it had everything I could possibly want in a bolt action 223...I just couldn't get comfortable behind the thing.

Give me an McM A5, Manners T2, or the new B&C Medalist Target/Competition stock (which is basically a heavier, less 'bombproof' T2A clone) and I'm money...

Nothing wrong with a quality stock. I ran a B&C for a long time, till I finally decided to go the chassis route and haven't been back to anything else since..

Top Bottom