Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Heads up. Walmart putting their Mini 14s on clearance.

Just came from the east side store in Lafayette. He said they marked it down last Thursday to $599. Couldn't give me a time frame but said they will get marked down further if no sales. If you time it right, you might get a steal on one like some got when they marked the ARs down half price.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

Hop

User Info Menu

Hmm... thanks for the heads up. I'll stop into some of the more rural stores on my trek around the state for work. Might score me a win.

User Info Menu

I'd like to have a Mini-30 in stainless steel. I should've kept the one I had but that doggone .45 silencer was calling my name.
    Thanks for the info!
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

Plinker

User Info Menu

That's tempting. For a while I had contemplated a Mini-30 instead so I could potentially hunt with it someday (though I'll likely just use a 12 gauge still).

Anyway, not to cause a flame war or anything, but why would I NOT want a Mini-14? Note that the only rifles I own are 22LR.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
    That's tempting. For a while I had contemplated a Mini-30 instead so I could potentially hunt with it someday (though I'll likely just use a 12 gauge still).

Anyway, not to cause a flame war or anything, but why would I NOT want a Mini-14? Note that the only rifles I own are 22LR.
    They are not exactly known for being very accurate rifles. (all A-Team related kidding aside) And I really want to like them too. (mostly due to the A-team )

Greg makes some good points.

Hating on the Ruger Mini-14 | Active Response Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

When an item goes on clearance there is a reason, the market has spoken. What advantage does the Mini-14 offer over an AR pattern rifle?

User Info Menu

Last edited by Wild Deuce; 07-12-2018 at 14:34.
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by singlesix View Post
    When an item goes on clearance there is a reason, the market has spoken. What advantage does the Mini-14 offer over an AR pattern rifle?
    I assume the clearance is simply Walmart caving to pressure and not intending to carry semi-auto rifles anymore. It may not be a scary black gun (though I guess there are tactical stock options for the 14), but that is my assumption.

Thanks for talking me out of one though. I don't really need a rifle but hard to pass up a good sale.

User Info Menu

Westside Columbus has one already marked down
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast