• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm looking to rattle can one of my SBR's and need some inspiration. I continue to search online, and would love to see INGO'ers own rifles. Those who have attempted painting their rifles, any pointers are appreciated.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I just undertook my first rattle can job this past month. Had a frankenbuild that I wanted to try it out on. Took my time and I am pretty pleased with the results.

BEFORE:
    gPeJl0d.jpg

AFTER:
    rzDlxd5.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Pointers....use brake cleaner to clean the gun before you start. go slow, take your time. Use laundry bag mesh to create a kryptic look, use sticks and leaves to create silhouettes. Let the paint dry very well before you move to next step/color. Let it sit for 24 hours before handling.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I’ve been debating doing this to one of my AR builds. Have to keep watching this thread to get some tips.

I actually like the “used” look rifles get after being used, when the paint starts to flake off. So should probably just do it. Nice thing about krylon is it will come off if you aren’t happy with the results.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I just undertook my first rattle can job this past month. Had a frankenbuild that I wanted to try it out on. Took my time and I am pretty pleased with the results.

BEFORE:
    gPeJl0d.jpg

AFTER:
    rzDlxd5.jpg

Looks great! Your advice is what I've heard and read online. I'll make sure to post some pics when I get mine finished. Hopefully, it won't take as long to finish as it took PMM to get me my P365 slide back lol.

Top Bottom