• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So, I've read a couple of articles about the new semi-auto, closed bolt, AA-12 that will be purportedly hitting the market in the near future from Sol Invictus. Apparently, Sol Invictus is working with Boje Cornils (the engineer that, along with a business partner, bought the design from Atchinsson and turned it into a functional production weapon) to make this gun a reality. There was some talk about this from a few years ago where it sounded like Cornils was trying to do it on his own, but this is supposedly different. The price point is around $3k for one of these guns, which is steep.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Pre Order your Limited Edition Semi Auto Version of the Infamous AA-12. Only 1000 Available.

The Story - Sol Invictus Arms

They say in their ad:

A Frame Sight Model

• Closed Bolt Design
    • Semi Automatic
    • Minimal Recoil
    • Stainless Steel Construction
    • No Lubrication Necessary
    • 12 Guage 2 3/4 inch shells
    • Limited Lifetime Warranty
    • Includes 1 - 20 Round Drum Magazine *
    • Boje Cornils Engraved Signature on Bolt
    Click here for more information on Boje Cornils and Sol Invictus Arms
    Anticipated Delivery December 2018

Each person who places a pre order between now and October 1, 2018 will be entered into a drawing to determine who will receive serial numbers 1-10. Serial numbers 11-1000 will be assigned in the order in which the pre orders are received.

* All persons living in States that restrict magazine capacity will receive 2 - 8 round stick magazines in lieu of the 20 round drum magazine.

Dealer Inquiries Welcome!

Sol Invictus: Protector of the troops and manufacturer of the AA-12!

Now, I went back and looked at the various articles and then back at the original articles from a few years back and the Youtube videos release of the gun at that time, which didn't seem to jive with the current description. Namely, the famed recoil reduction of the AA-12 seemed to be missing from the semi-auto version. I compiled an email pointing out the differences that I saw and asking for clarification from Sol Invictus, but it's been over a week with now reply from them.

I sent:

Are there any videos of this new generation of closed bolt semi-auto firing? The videos of a semi-auto variant that I have seen all date from about 2016 and it looks like the recoil became pretty severe compared to the open bolt, full auto variant.

So, I'm wondering if the variant you are producing has addressed that.

For clarity:

Full Auto from FPS Russia, recoil very nicely demonstrated as the 5 minute marked where he shoots one handed with a bent arm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=youtu.be

Semi Auto from BC Engineering, where recoil can be seen moving the body of everyone shooting it. Now granted, the stances weren't the best in that demo, but compared to shooting the full auto one handed and the arm not moving at all, it's clearly a fairly big increase in recoil.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHI8xbQtTeI

The models in the 2016 video look a lot like the ones you are showing now, so that's why I ask.

The AA12 is definitely a dream gun for me and quite a few shooters out there, but if it's lacking some of the major advantages of the AA12 over the Saigas, Benellis, and other auto shotguns (e.g. fantastic recoil reduction) it's going to be hard to justify spending 2 or 3 times what one of these other guns cost.

So, I was wondering if anyone on here had any more info or maybe had seen something I've missed. I'd personally love to own an AA-12 and I don't even really mind if it's semi-auto and not full, since I think full auto for a shotgun is not really that useful. However, if it doesn't have the feature of having almost no recoil, then I don't really see the point and I certainly don't think its worth $3k.

M1CARBINE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Valparaiso
    I have been looking at these for a while. I would love to know how they get around the "non sporting purpose" bs that made the street sweeper a dd. Also, anyone seen the pricing for more drums?

Top Bottom