• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Are 15-22 parts matches for standard AR15 parts? Right now I am curious if I can drop in a aftermarket trigger such as a Franklin Arms Bianary, but I am also curious overall if any parts interchange? Also wondering about the reliability of aftermarket 25 and 35 round magazines?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Depends on the trigger, some are okay for the 15-22 others aren't

The Franklin Binary trigger is okay, says so on their packaging. Some drop in triggers will light strike on the 15-22 though

Also trigger pins are longer, CMC and KNS sell anti walk pins for them specifically, but I've had good luck with running stock parts

The bolt release is proprietary

Changing the grip watch to be sure the grip screw doesn't get crossthreaded because it is screwing into polymer and can happen

I just run factory 25 rounders in both of mine, works great

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Depends on the trigger, some are okay for the 15-22 others aren't

The Franklin Binary trigger is okay, says so on their packaging. Some drop in triggers will light strike on the 15-22 though

Also trigger pins are longer, CMC and KNS sell anti walk pins for them specifically, but I've had good luck with running stock parts

The bolt release is proprietary

Changing the grip watch to be sure the grip screw doesn't get crossthreaded because it is screwing into polymer and can happen

I just run factory 25 rounders in both of mine, works great

This.

I have a CMC trigger assembly in mine and it came with longer pins. Don't waste your time looking for aftermarket 25rd mags. Factory ones can be found for under $20. I have a couple Black Dawg 50rd drums that are reliable. Caught one their half price sales. Two for $80. I've put several thousand rounds through them.

Also, check out this site. Learned a lot there back when I got mine a few years ago.

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Top Bottom