• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My brother is considering selling his Mosin Nagant. All serial numbers match, good condition. Purchased 25 to 30 years ago. Anyone guess what these are going for?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I still have some in the grease. Need to thin the herd.

I have seen asking $500 for in the grease stuff, so maybe 4 bills is a fair price for a good one out of the grease.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry guys. Showing my ignorance, I did not realize there were so many variants of the Finnish Nagant. My brother works one of those crazy 6 pm till 4 or 5 am shifts. He finally got back to me a little bit ago, as he is driving into work. Hopefully we can get it identified tomorrow. Thanks for the input to this point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry guys. Showing my ignorance, I did not realize there were so many variants of the Finnish Nagant. My brother works one of those crazy 6 pm till 4 or 5 am shifts. He finally got back to me a little bit ago, as he is driving into work. Hopefully we can get it identified tomorrow. Thanks for the input to this point.

My guess is that it's probably an M39. That seems to be the most common type, at least when I think of a "Finnish Mosin".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Look here for examples of the models:
    The Finnish Area

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I believe I have identified the rifle in question. It is a Finnish M27. Of the Tikkakoski(Finland) variety. 1929. There is a D next to the triangle T. I believe it was captured. He said there were two boxes stamped with SA in them. It is in good condition. Serial numbers on the bolt he thought were the same, but the first digit on the bolt appears to be a 3, where as the first number on the rifle is an 8. He has 100 rounds of ammo. Guestimations welcome. :)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I believe I have identified the rifle in question. It is a Finnish M27. Of the Tikkakoski(Finland) variety. 1929. There is a D next to the triangle T. I believe it was captured. He said there were two boxes stamped with SA in them. It is in good condition. Serial numbers on the bolt he thought were the same, but the first digit on the bolt appears to be a 3, where as the first number on the rifle is an 8. He has 100 rounds of ammo. Guestimations welcome. :)

Probably just a poorly stamped 8 on the bolt if the other numbers match. Why do you think it was captured, the m27 was made in Finland? Depending on exact details, such as winged bolt, "ski troop" sling swivel, popsicle sticks, etc, and whether it has been refinished, $500 would be a guess on value of the rifle alone.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Probably just a poorly stamped 8 on the bolt if the other numbers match. Why do you think it was captured, the m27 was made in Finland? Depending on exact details, such as winged bolt, "ski troop" sling swivel, popsicle sticks, etc, and whether it has been refinished, $500 would be a guess on value of the rifle alone.

I was guessing that the SA inside the box stamped twice stood for what is below. Does the SA stand for something else?

For the assault detachments of the German Army during World War I, see Stormtrooper. For the youth groups, see Jungsturm.
    SA insignia

Adolf Hitler and Ernst Röhm inspecting the SA
    in Nuremberg in 1933
    Agency overview
    Formed1920
    DissolvedMay 8, 1945
    Superseding agency

TypeParamilitary
    Jurisdiction
    23px-Flag_of_Germany_%283-2_aspect_ratio%29.svg.png
    Weimar Republic
    23px-Flag_of_the_German_Reich_%281935%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png
    Germany
    HeadquartersSA High Command, Barerstraße, Munich
    17px-WMA_button2b.png
    48°8′37.53″N11°34′6.76″E
    Minister responsible
    • see Leaders below

Parent agencyNazi Party (NSDAP)
    Child agency

Sturmabteilung
    The Sturmabteilung (SA; German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen)), literally Storm Detachment, functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party (NSDAP). It played a significant role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Its primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, especially the Red Front Fighters League (Rotfrontkämpferbund) of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD), and intimidating Slavs, Romanis, trade unionists, and, especially, Jews – for instance, during the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses.
    The SA were also called the "Brownshirts" (Braunhemden) from the color of their uniform shirts, similar to Benito Mussolini's blackshirts. The SA developed pseudo-military titles for its members, with ranks that were later adopted by several other Nazi Party groups, chief amongst them the Schutzstaffel (SS), which originated as a branch of the SA before being separated. Brown shirts were chosen as the SA uniform because a large number of them were cheaply available after World War I, having originally been ordered during the war for colonial troops posted to Germany's former African colonies.[SUP][1][/SUP]
    The SA became disempowered after Adolf Hitler ordered the "blood purge" of 1934. This event became known as the Night of the Long Knives (die Nacht der langen Messer). The SA continued to exist, but was effectively superseded by the SS, although it was not formally dissolved until after the Third Reich's final capitulation to the Allies in 1945.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

I'm sure he would be very happy if someone gave him $500 seeing as how he only has $75 in it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

LOL. Okay. Now I found this.

Return to 7.62x54r.net Home Page. The Finnish SA property mark stands for Suomen Armeija, or Finnish Army, and is one of the most recognizable marks onMosin Nagants.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks for the info!!! I will tell him he has an offer. :laugh:

Much obliged. :yesway: But seriously, if you could get some pics I'd be happy to give a better value. A fairly early M27 in good condition with all the correct features that hasn't been molested could actually be worth more, and if the cavalry version, significantly more.

Top Bottom