• Total voters

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I put together a PSA Freedom kit on an Anderson lower. The rifle has been flawless for me. I'm somewhere about 700-800 rounds through it so far.

But I think the S&W is the way to go here. That's a quality gun for the money.

The Ruger is a good choice too. Their customer service is zecond to none if you have any issues.

(I thought this was a multiple choice poll. I picked PSA. Since it's only one, I should have picked S&W)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Come on guys. Why buy crap AR's. If it isn't a BCM it will blow up sooner than later. I have a M&P Sport and 2 PSA's. All 3 seem to be great, but I know they will break soon, because they are just junk anyways.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    M&P Sport 2. The Ruger offering has some non-standard parts that could make upgrades and repairs a bit tougher later on. Check out some of the accuracy reviews on the S&W. I'm sure there's better rifles, but it seems like a lot of gun for $500 (if you can still find one for that).

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    M&P Sport 2. The Ruger offering has some non-standard parts that could make upgrades and repairs a bit tougher later on. Check out some of the accuracy reviews on the S&W. I'm sure there's better rifles, but it seems like a lot of gun for $500 (if you can still find one for that).

I have the ruger and haven’t had any issues. The delta ring for the rail is supposed to be easier to take on and off, but that’s definitely not been my experience with it. Other than that I’ve enjoyed it for the price. Last I checked they jumped up $150 from what I paid, so if the sport is cheaper I would probably go that route. Isn’t much difference in the 2. Both have great customer service also.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    S&W if you can find one, but if you do go the PSA route you could do a lot better than $500. I’ve seen as low as $340 for a complete rifle. Some assembly required but it isn’t too bad. Leaves some room for ammo

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm an AR snob. But if I had to pick from the list you gave. S&W all the way.

I had a DPMS that wouldn't run.
    I had a Radical firearms 300blk that seemed to do ok. But I didn't shoot it much before I sold it
    I have had to work on a lot of junk PSA's
    The smiths have some pretty stellar reviews.
    When Ruger had got into the AR market I saw some junk there too. I've been told the gen 2s are gtg.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Agreeing with the poll so far. S&W and Ruger followed by PSA followed by the rest.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Did not see the Del-Ton Echo 316M so I voted other. Just bought two of them for my twin sons birthday at Buds Guns last week for $453 each. I saw the Lite on the poll but I like the Echo 316M for the money because barrel has 1x8 twist rate, has M-4 feeder, heat shield for hand guard, and includes the sights.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I have seen the M&P’s perform admirably in numerous abusive classes. I wouldn’t hesitate to spend money on one.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve got the S&W AR and have shot thousands of rounds of ammo through it with no problems. Cleaning, maintenance and proper lubrication being the keys to proper operation and longevity. It’s like anything else if you take care of it, it will be there for you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    S&W Sport gets my vote as well.

The Ruger MPR could be the best overall value in an AR right now. But they are about $700

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I voted for Anderson. Because I have one (That I put about $250 in cosmetics into it). It runs flawlessly while sitting in the AR bag in my closet.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I hemmed and hawed between S&W and Ruger since I had to choose one. I voted Ruger because of their gold standard customer service. I wasn't aware that theirs has non-standard parts or I would have voted S&W

Top Bottom