• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The biggest drawback of the .25 WSSM in an AR seems to be that the magazine limits cartridge overall length which can prevent rounds loaded with certain heavy for caliber bullets from being loaded in the magazine. I'm not a big fan of the heavy for caliber bullet concept but if your purpose is long range shooting, the inability to load those bullets may hinder you from reaching your goals. On a side note, I have a Browning A-bolt chambered in .25 WSSM and it makes for a light, handy, flat shooting rifle.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Id look hard at where you will find ammo, or brass before building this. If you want a LR rifle in the the AR platform, Id look at the new 224 Valkyrie.

This^^. It's the most capable LR cartridge in the AR platform. Arguably better than 6.5CM in AR10 is, and at much lower cost to build and to shoot. You only need a .224 barrel and 6.8 SPC mags and bolt, from what I gather.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    This^^. It's the most capable LR cartridge in the AR platform. Arguably better than 6.5CM in AR10 is, and at much lower cost to build and to shoot. You only need a .224 barrel and 6.8 SPC mags and bolt, from what I gather.
    I’m interested in the argument how the Valk is better than a 6.5CM. If it’s only a paper puncher, I could see the advantage. For any practical purpose, seems like 6.5 has the edge.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I have a dtech 25wssm.
    I have killed a few deer and a couple hogs with it.
    It shoots very accurate and has 25 06 speed.
    I have only a hundred rounds thru mine and have thought about selling it.
    Brass is hard to find,but i have 1000 new federal wssm plus winchester brass. I kinda of hoard things. lol
    If interested,pm me.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I’m interested in the argument how the Valk is better than a 6.5CM. If it’s only a paper puncher, I could see the advantage. For any practical purpose, seems like 6.5 has the edge.

If actual downrange energy matters, of course 6.5CM wins. For the few points of BC that a 140gr Berger gives you in 6.5, you are paying a huge premium in weight, recoil, and cost.

I'd love to build an Aero M5 in 6.5CM. But .224 is far more approachable for most of us and since we're not sniping insurgents at 1200m, the retained energy is sufficient.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have a dtech 25wssm.
    I have killed a few deer and a couple hogs with it.
    It shoots very accurate and has 25 06 speed.
    I have only a hundred rounds thru mine and have thought about selling it.
    Brass is hard to find,but i have 1000 new federal wssm plus winchester brass. I kinda of hoard things. lol
    If interested,pm me.

Cabela's currently has Winchester .25 WSSM brass in stock.

Top Bottom