• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I recently was given a family heirloom 1873, but I don't know squat about them. I'm researching, learning as much as I can but some of what I'm reading is a bit confusing.
    I'm trying to figure out if this thing is all original, or if it is a mish mash rifle of cobbled together parts.
    If anyone knows of a good source of info, or even better someone in southern Indiana that can lay eyes on it let me know!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I recently was given a family heirloom 1873, but I don't know squat about them. I'm researching, learning as much as I can but some of what I'm reading is a bit confusing.
    I'm trying to figure out if this thing is all original, or if it is a mish mash rifle of cobbled together parts.
    If anyone knows of a good source of info, or even better someone in southern Indiana that can lay eyes on it let me know!

The U.S. Springfield Trapdoor Rifle Information Center

Falls City Firearms in Clarksville

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Take it to the Outpost in Brazil and talk to Duane Butts. He shoots an original Springfield in cowboy shooting matches and is a gunsmith that loves old guns. Warning: The Outpost is closed on weekends because both partners shoot in SASS and NCOWS matches.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Bring it by the shop and I'll tell you what I know...

Falls City Firearms
    141 East Maple Court, suite 100
    Clarksville, IN 47129

812-725-1911

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    You need to get a copy of Flayderman's Guide To American Antique Firearms. They list the different models, a description of each model, the serial numbers and pictures of each variant. This book is my go-to-guide if I have any questions.

Top Bottom