• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have one of their uppers on a Spikes lower. It seems to work fine. But I don’t have a lot of rounds through it yet.

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Love mine. You won't regret it. Accurate and super easy to clean.

Have you noticed any extra wear on your bolt, carrier, or upper? I’ve read that some people experience noticeable carrier tilt, and that the unlocking cycle is rough on the bolt lugs. I always liked the idea of piston uppers though.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Have you noticed any extra wear on your bolt, carrier, or upper? I’ve read that some people experience noticeable carrier tilt, and that the unlocking cycle is rough on the bolt lugs. I always liked the idea of piston uppers though.

I used a DSA AR15 Bufferloc Kit (insert for the bolt carrier with ball bearing insert and dimpled buffer) when I assembled an Adams Arms kit. I don't know if it helps but I haven't had problems with bolt tip. If it is a problem, extended buffer tubes or special buffers are available.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-14112-dsa-ar15-bufferloc-kit-recoil-operation-enhancement-upgrade.aspx

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    From what I've read, not all AR piston designs are equal.

I believe the PWS is a long stroke, which seems preferred.

I had an Osprey(?) conversion kit on a Colt, it worked fine. Was kind of neat and all.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not really with an AR-15 but I do with their 308 rifle. Shoots very impressive groups! Voodoo barrel if I remember correctly. They seem to be well respected, I know I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not really with an AR-15 but I do with their 308 rifle. Shoots very impressive groups! Voodoo barrel if I remember correctly. They seem to be well respected, I know I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.

My 5.56 is a VooDoo 1:7 barrel.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That's it for sure. I double checked. How does yours shoot? I was honestly shocked with the 308. It would have been great for a bolt gun.

It shoots as good as bulk .223 ammo, a milspec trigger and red dot will allow it to shoot. Truth is I have not really tried for any real accuracy.

Top Bottom