• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Does any shops offer a build your own type of lower parts kits for AR rifles/pistols? I was on spikes getting most of it but they don’t offer a mag release just a ambi one.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Not understanding your question, at all. Can you clairify what guidance you are looking for???

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Not understanding your question, at all. Can you clairify what guidance you are looking for???

5423723-30711079.jpg

Sorry, I had to, seemed so fitting :)

But yeah, I'm kinda not following the exact question either

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I understand what you're asking. Red Barn Armory used to do it but I haven't looked to them for a while. I found them when I was looking and wondering if this would be a small business to start.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Does any shops offer a build your own type of lower parts kits for AR rifles/pistols? I was on spikes getting most of it but they don’t offer a mag release just a ambi one.

Might look at Brownells: https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=AR15+lower+parts+kit&ksubmit=y

and AIM: https://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=2361&name=Lower+Parts+Kits

If you are looking for a kit with a different mag release than those included with the kits shown, you can search the sites and buy it separately.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Fulton armory sells individual parts. So does Brownells. White Oak Armory, JP, LWRC, Spikes, and some other quality companies sells a triggerless LPK. If you google “lpk no trigger” you’ll get lots of results for small parts kits without the trigger. Some come without grips as well.

You could also go to USDS in Indy. I know they have small parts.

I bought a red barn armory kit once.....never again. Worst garbage I’ve ever installed. Had to replace the mag catch with a quality mil-spec and pretty much every other part either needed modified or just felt ****ty. It wasn’t a bad lower either. Once I installed BCM parts, it functioned correctly. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Fulton armory sells individual parts. So does Brownells. White Oak Armory, JP, LWRC, Spikes, and some other quality companies sells a triggerless LPK. If you google “lpk no trigger” you’ll get lots of results for small parts kits without the trigger. Some come without grips as well.

You could also go to USDS in Indy. I know they have small parts.

I bought a red barn armory kit once.....never again. Worst garbage I’ve ever installed. Had to replace the mag catch with a quality mil-spec and pretty much every other part either needed modified or just felt ****ty. It wasn’t a bad lower either. Once I installed BCM parts, it functioned correctly. Lesson learned.

Did you remove it and replace it with a 6920? lol

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I tend to buy the full parts kits then buy individual parts I want to change in instead... leaves me with extra parts for spares and an excuse to build another one...

Top Bottom