• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chatsubobar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2018
    West Lafayette
    So, I recently acquired a C93, which is a Century Arms version of the HK 93 rifle. It's basically a 5.56mm semi-auto only G3. As far as black rifles, it is my first. I generally like it in concept, but there are some issues I have. I'm hoping someone with HK or Century Arms experience could walk me through, or else someone can give me advice on how best to sell the thing.

The first issue I have is the sights. They shoot a bit off, a little left to be precise. The screws to adjust it seem to be just a regular phillips, but everywhere I look online there's an "HK Sight Adjustment Tool". It also appears to be a regular phillips. Is that just some snake oil $20 screw driver? I don't particularly want to waste $20.

The second issue is the magazines. I have two HK 40 round magazines. They work great, except they are very long (which isn't really a surprise) and that they are 3 922r foreign parts. I'd like to change out the furniture, and due to Century's [STRIKE]illegal[/STRIKE] creative bookkeeping, I can't tell which parts are German/Thai and which are American. Therefore, I can't tell how many foreign parts are in the gun. I got some American ProMags, but they won't lock into the gun.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd be very appreciative. If no one can help me with the issues, then I'm curious whether it would be better to sell the rifle piece by piece or whole, because the individual components easily add up to $1200, but the rifle seems worth no more than $600 whole.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Have you checked out HKpro forums? They have just about anything you need about HK and the Clones.

The screw driver you are talking about is not about the phillips head. To adjust the elevation of the rifle, you need the drum bit from the HK tool. Otherwise you can use a set of needle nose pliers that are really thin.

For mags, you are either going to have to bite the bullet and buy HK brand mags that are smaller. OR, if you are willing to gamble a little, buy some Promags. Those worked, which is a shock. Your call though.

chatsubobar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2018
    West Lafayette
    I just got some promags today. 2 20 rounders and a 30 rounder. They won't lock in quite right. I can pull them out if I really tug, and if I pop them at the back of the mag, they fly out. The 20 rounders I think I'll keep just for targets, but I'd like to use the rifle practically for varmint hunting one of these days, and I need some sturdy mags to do so. I saw a Youtube video where a fellow ground down the mag a bit and it fit, but after a good half hour of filing, no luck.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    So, I recently acquired a C93, which is a Century Arms version of the HK 93 rifle. It's basically a 5.56mm semi-auto only G3. As far as black rifles, it is my first. I generally like it in concept, but there are some issues I have. I'm hoping someone with HK or Century Arms experience could walk me through, or else someone can give me advice on how best to sell the thing.

First thing to do is to learn how to measure the bolt gap using feeler gauges https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ipeC1Yq2F4M while this is for a HK-91 the 93 is the same. Make a log by date and gap readings, this is a good indecation of bolt gap health.

The first issue I have is the sights. They shoot a bit off, a little left to be precise. The screws to adjust it seem to be just a regular phillips, but everywhere I look online there's an "HK Sight Adjustment Tool". It also appears to be a regular phillips. Is that just some snake oil $20 screw driver? I don't particularly want to waste $20.

The tool is helpful for adjusting the sight( especially elevation ) be see here How to adjust the sights of your HK rifle © Heckler & Koch Gmbh/mg-42.net 2001-2006 and on ytube for how to adjust the sight. Again the HK-91 is like the 93

The second issue is the magazines. I have two HK 40 round magazines. They work great, except they are very long (which isn't really a surprise) and that they are 3 922r foreign parts. I'd like to change out the furniture, and due to Century's [STRIKE]illegal[/STRIKE] creative bookkeeping, I can't tell which parts are German/Thai and which are American. Therefore, I can't tell how many foreign parts are in the gun. I got some American ProMags, but they won't lock into the gun.

Again the net is your friend, first lock the bolt to the rear before locking the magazine in the rifle and second you will have to do some Dremel-Fu to mod the Pro-mags to fit the rifle well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-elzMAESw8 hint remove a small amount of the plastic at a time and they will fit well. Oh have you ever seen or heard at a range anybody counting 922r parts???? Thats for the manufacture to resolve.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd be very appreciative. If no one can help me with the issues, then I'm curious whether it would be better to sell the rifle piece by piece or whole, because the individual components easily add up to $1200, but the rifle seems worth no more than $600 whole.

Go to hkpro.com and read, read, read the roller locked delayed blowback rifles are using engineering from 1944 and are still being made and used around the world and are one of the better battle rifles made. Sell it??? I'll come from Delaware and give you $150 to take this POS off your hands.

Jump62
    aka Paul

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I just got some promags today. 2 20 rounders and a 30 rounder. They won't lock in quite right. I can pull them out if I really tug, and if I pop them at the back of the mag, they fly out. The 20 rounders I think I'll keep just for targets, but I'd like to use the rifle practically for varmint hunting one of these days, and I need some sturdy mags to do so. I saw a Youtube video where a fellow ground down the mag a bit and it fit, but after a good half hour of filing, no luck.

Find a dremel tool, the youtuber using a file? Trust me the mag mod will work but it takes time

Jump62
    aka Paul

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

^^^^Found your problem.^^^^

I can only speak from having actual original HKs.
    HK93-91-41-MP5s and misc. All operated flawlessly as they were suppose to. :ar15:
    I did have the Greek HK-licensed SAR from a trade in the 80s. It was temperamental with magazines. Sold it.

Top Bottom