• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    just wondered if anyone has one, and has put some rounds downrange with it.

toss in your :twocents:

possibly looking to use one for USPSA PCC...
    but who knows...:):

:cheers:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have not shot the ruger, but taran tactical run the hell out of theirs on the youtubes and it seems to be g2g. I am loving PCC, I'm shooting a Beretta cx4 I picked up in the classifieds, and actually being able to compete. So not to talk you out of the ruger, but I know for a fact that the beretta's are g2g and pretty cheap used. Any path you choose will be the right one tho, pcc is a lot of fun.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have a Ruger PCC. I have shot several hundred rounds through it and it runs great. I am using the Glock adapter but have all 3 adapters. Had AllenM assist with modifying a brake for it. I thought I would want a red dot on it but love the ghost ring sights.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Own one probably 250-300 of my reloads so far. Bushnell trs25 red dot puts them all in a 9in plate at 50 yds with no effort. No issues with several brand of hollow points and I'm using the glock adapter. Can't recall a single hiccup and easy to disassemble clean and change to left hand use. Also no issues shooting left handed.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm sure by the end of this year or next we'll see more mag blocks and maybe a caliber conversion kit. I would like to see a wood stock but that's just me.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i dont mind plastic. i agree it looks to have some strange angles to it,
    but i'll never know until i can get my grubby hands on one... havent found anyone (locally) that has the ruger in stock :tantrum:

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    If it isn't uncomfortable, is reliable, and you shoot it well, then enjoy!

I'm happy Ruger has come out with so many cool guns these past few years. They have come a long way.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    If it isn't uncomfortable, is reliable, and you shoot it well, then enjoy!

I'm happy Ruger has come out with so many cool guns these past few years. They have come a long way.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

yea i'm looking more for a reliable and (relatively) inexpensive gun to shoot USPSA and steel with.
    the one thing i HATE with a passion is a gun that wont run during a match..:xmad:

ive had a couple rugers (P90DC & MKIV 22/45) over the years, and both of them were the most reliable guns ive ever owned.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have owned or presently own several PCC. I hated the Sub2K because of the cheek weld. I have had both versions of Rugers PCC and love the new model. I have a couple of AR's one with Glock mags the other with Colt mags and they have run very reliably. I have a couple of the CZ Scorpions and they are built like a tank and run everything. I had the Camp Carbine and wish I had it back. The only thing wrong with that one is you have to watch the bolt buffer. The original would breakdown from cleaning solution and break damaging the rifle. Have shot the the CX4 and while it was fun to shoot It just didn't keep my interest. Shot a Tavor in 9 and again just not my cup of tea.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It is surprising that Ruger hasn't produced a mag adapter for their own P-series mags, and they have no plans to. That interchangeability was one of the main reasons for all my investment in PC9/P-series back in the day. Those will shoot ANYTHING without issues, and are still my favorites over Sub 2000, Hi Point and Calico, though I still have each of those.

Might have to wait for after-market.

Top Bottom