Dedicated 9mm AR or 9mm (Stern) Conversion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I am looking into a 9mm AR type PCC that uses my Glock mags. Reasoning is the same as everyone else...same ammo same mags as my sidearm.

Now the question is, do I go with a dedicated 9mm carbine or use the Stern Conversion system and upper?

I am leaning toward the conversion system because I already like and use the .22lr conversion systems, so why not just add another conversion to the same firearm...seems reasonable to me.

So why NOT? If you have a reason NOT to go with a 9mm conversion system, please voice it here. No bashing, I just want your operational opinions.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have both. I have a dedicated lower that uses the Colt mags but also have a lower that I use the Stern Defense conversion kit it. I love the conversion kit. Loosen a couple of set screws and push the Ar mag release and change it back to .223. It just took a little getting used to the mag release for the Glock mags being moved to below the mag well.If you were closer I would be glad to let you check it out. There is a post on here about me building a Blue rifle. That is the one that has the Conversion in it. I also added a binary trigger to it. Man did that make it fun!

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I have both. I have a dedicated lower that uses the Colt mags but also have a lower that I use the Stern Defense conversion kit it. I love the conversion kit. Loosen a couple of set screws and push the Ar mag release and change it back to .223. It just took a little getting used to the mag release for the Glock mags being moved to below the mag well.If you were closer I would be glad to let you check it out. There is a post on here about me building a Blue rifle. That is the one that has the Conversion in it. I also added a binary trigger to it. Man did that make it fun!

I saw your "blue line" post. I used the search function before posting this. The mag release location is the primary negative thing I can find. I watched MAC on Youtube review it and that was the first thing he noted as well. Other than that I cant for the life of me see what else could be wrong with going that route which is why I asked here.

One of my life lessons learned is... "I dont know it all...ask questions" :)

Top Bottom