• ...and so much more!
  • Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    I have the itch to buy my first AR15.
    The MPR seems to check a lot of the boxes that I think I’m looking for.
    I don’t think I want to build one... no experience (but I do have a friend with tools and experience that would help), I like factory warranty/support, and I think residual value is better for a factory built weapon.

Anyway - at a $6-800 price range, is there something else I should be looking at?

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I want one as well, but no-one has it local. Plus they are all selling the base Ruger for almost the same price as the mpr online.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    I want one as well, but no-one has it local. Plus they are all selling the base Ruger for almost the same price as the mpr online.
    My phone doesn’t display your location, but they have them at the Point Blank in Merrillville. Not sure if you have a Point Blank near you. Price was around $700 today, but it was some sort of Ruger special day.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My phone doesn’t display your location, but they have them at the Point Blank in Merrillville. Not sure if you have a Point Blank near you. Price was around $700 today, but it was some sort of Ruger special day.

Thanks, I am down in Charlestown, so that would be a pretty long haul to pick up a rifle.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Thanks, I am down in Charlestown, so that would be a pretty long haul to pick up a rifle.

ha - no kidding. That's almost as far away as you can be within the state.
    I've been to your state park. The old amusement park ruins and the abandoned swimming pool in the middle of the park are cool.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Don't get your hopes up TOO high. It's still only like the 10th coolest IN state park I've been to. You can't see a ton of ruins, and I feel like someone told me they filled in the old pool.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    +1 for Sportsman's Outdoor

I sent them an email last week asking about the sale price that was $50 less than what I paid just a couple days prior.
    They sent back an email saying they wouldn't match it. Not that big of a deal, but slightly disappointing.

Well they called today to say they were sorry, and would credit me the $50. A pleasant surprise.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I was finally able to add my scope and get sighted in today. Even though it was doused in oil from the factory, my bcg was apparently too dry. The bolt wasn’t camming smoothly and I had a bunch of failures in the first mag. I tore it down lubed the **** out of it and it worked much better after wards.

I have only been shooting an sks and my pump 22 so it will take me a minute to get comfortable with this one.

Top Bottom