• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Looking at 2 used 22mag bolt action rifles. A Marlin 25MN that is a 1998 model, wood stock and looks in good condition. 2nd is a Savage 93F I think. It has black stock and accu-trigger. Just wandered if anyone has info on these, if there is 1 better than the other or any major problems with either. Thanks for any help.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just my :twocents:, but I would lean towards the Marlin. I have owned a Savage 93F and did not care for it. JM marked Marlins in my opinion surpass the plastic stock guns. Walnut and blued steel. True American classics. Again just my :twocents:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just my :twocents:, but I would lean towards the Marlin. I have owned a Savage 93F and did not care for it. JM marked Marlins in my opinion surpass the plastic stock guns. Walnut and blued steel. True American classics. Again just my :twocents:

Me too! Had a 25MN. It shot great and looked much better than the tupperware-stock Savage rimfires. I'm a Savage fan when it comes to centerfires but, in this case, get the Marlin. A CZ would be my first choice but the Marlin should get you the most bang for the buck.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    There was a savage in the classies a day or so ago. Laminate stock and stainless barrel. Not sure if that'd tickle your fancy. But I see you're in the NE part so that's probably out

Justinwool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2018
    Boggstown
    I'm sure you would be happy with either one. My choice would be the savage, out the box it is probably more accurate and a better trigger. I havent had any experience with that marlin model, but my marlin 22lr has been a very picky eater.

Top Bottom