Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the pics of the IHC, looks like a great rifle!
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

A LOT more work went into bringing these back than I had realized. Kudos to the folks who undertook this task.

Transporting History > Defense Logistics Agency > News Article View
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

The CMP does amazing work. That is a Beautiful rifle! Enjoy!!!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Great story about how these garands returned back to the U.S. Hope some more of the old warhorses return, like 03-A3 Springfields and M-1 carbines.

User Info Menu

what are the cheapest organizations you can join to satisfy cmp requirements? I see service grade available, but doesnt say philippine, is there another category?

User Info Menu

Cheapest way I've found
    1) LTCH covers the shooting aspect
    2) Garand collectors is $25 a year for your club, plus it comes with a quarterly magazine that's pretty nice

If you go to the north store to pick out your Garand you can join the Garand collectors while your there
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    what are the cheapest organizations you can join to satisfy cmp requirements? I see service grade available, but doesnt say philippine, is there another category?
    The Indiana Rifle & Pistol Association also qualifies at $25 a year.

https://isrpa.wildapricot.org/JOIN

Plinker

User Info Menu

I can't believe the CMP is using Hackberry for the stocks on some of their M-1 rifles. Where I live, Hackberry is only used for making pallets. It splits easily, is hard to stain, and when it dries out, it breaks easily. What stocks I've seen are just down right ugly. What happened to all the walnut and birch stocks?

User Info Menu

I suppose it depends on what grade you get. My Service Grade came with Walnut.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDave View Post
    I can't believe the CMP is using Hackberry for the stocks on some of their M-1 rifles. Where I live, Hackberry is only used for making pallets. It splits easily, is hard to stain, and when it dries out, it breaks easily. What stocks I've seen are just down right ugly. What happened to all the walnut and birch stocks?
    I thought they used walnut for any that needed new stocks. Where did you hear about the Hackberry? Mine is a Special Grade, so it has a new manufacture walnut stock on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast