• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just gave one of those away. It was brand new and cost me exactly $100 out the door.
    I won it on a raffle at the spring FNRA banquet and gave it to my uncle.
    He really enjoys it. It's his first AR15.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I got one for these a couple years ago as my first AR. I’ve only fired a few hundr s round but haven’t had one issue and I’ve enjoyed it a lot. At this price I may consider another one.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have witnessed a couple S&W AR’s run fine though carbine classes along with the Ruger AR.
    In fact other than a few Frankenstein creations that decided to come apart or lock up.
    The factory ARs that have broke in my presence have been on the high end.

Note: The comments are from my “civilian” experience. On the military side I could write a essay on AR failures.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have witnessed a couple S&W AR’s run fine though carbine classes along with the Ruger AR.
    In fact other than a few Frankenstein creations that decided to come apart or lock up.
    The factory ARs that have broke in my presence have been on the high end.

Note: The comments are from my “civilian” experience. On the military side I could write a essay on AR failures.

This can't be true. High end guns never fail, and the cheap ones blow up after 500 rounds.

:scratch::popcorn:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Besides the forward assist and dust cover, how does the Sport II compare to the original M&P Sport? Same barrel? Same rifle?

Different rifling, but that's the only difference I'm aware of. I'm going from memory, but I think the original was a 1/8 5R twist and the new one is a 1/9 twist.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Different rifling, but that's the only difference I'm aware of. I'm going from memory, but I think the original was a 1/8 5R twist and the new one is a 1/9 twist.

Thanks. I just pulled my M&P Sport out to check, and it is 1/9 twist. So maybe the lack of dust cover and the "exploder button" as someone likes to call it is the only difference.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    They are very good guns for the price. The LPK is different than the regular M&P. The trigger on the sport is MIM. I own both the sport and a magpul edition mid length and both have been great rifles.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks. I just pulled my M&P Sport out to check, and it is 1/9 twist. So maybe the lack of dust cover and the "exploder button" as someone likes to call it is the only difference.

The original Sport had progressive rifling and a different twist rate. Then the twist rate was changed late 2012 or early 2013, but it was still sold as a Sport. Then they changed the lower to have the FA and dust cover and it became the Sport II.

BOWTIE72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2018
    Laporte
    They seem to be good, especially at that price point. About 95% of ar15s people bring to my local range are these. There are some good videos out there of torture tests and melt downs of them, and they seem to do well. I would buy one at $479 just for a good knock around trainer, but the reliability tests I've viewed are incredibly good at this price point.

BOWTIE72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2018
    Laporte
    Some to add. Yes they do have the fa and dust cover, 1/9 twist, but handguards have no heat shields, only an ar15 bcg not m16 full auto, and the finish on the sport 2 is supposed to be tough.

Top Bottom