• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I recently acquired a bare bones .50 Beowulf Entry upper.

First, it is a "Post-Ban" so the barrel doesn't haven any threading and I want to add a muzzle brake. I live on the southside of Indy -- does anyone know someone locally who can threat on my new muzzle brake?

Second, it has the regular carbine forend and I would like to upgrade to a rail or keypad or M-lok or something forend. The front gas block has a rail, but it doesn't appear to the same height as the top of the receiver. Will this affect the flip ups lining up? I know little about this.

Also, I understand the oversized infrastructure of the .50 Beowulf makes attaching some aftermarket systems (like the Magpul forend's add-on rails) an issue. as well as permitting a flip up sight on the gas block from laying flat. Does that make any sense? Does anyone have any experience with the .50 Beowulf entry and what I should look for?

How difficult would it be to remove the rail on the front block and just add a free float forend?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I've believe I've done business with him in other matters a few years ago; great guy! I will contact him again! Thanks.

In regards to the other matters in the post, I'm still all ears...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Have a muzzle device picked out when you go to get it threaded, there aren't many that accommodate the Beowulf's girth and it's a funky thread. I'm not sure how many smiths even keep a range rod around for 50cals. The rail should be straight forward and lots of options going free floating, I did on mine. I couldn't find anyone to thread mine because of the range rod issue. I wasnt about to buy one on top of paying to thread it and pay another 120 for a muzzle break. Fun round tho, wish I hadn't sold mine. It is brutal.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    if you have a non threaded barrel it should measure .775 at the muzzle. Threading it to the "standard" 49/64-20 for Beowulf wont leave much (anything) left for a shoulder. The only other threads I've seen on them are 3/4-24 which is pulled from the .458 socom. I've seen many of those muzzle devices punched out to a little over .50 and made to work.

The build of the Beowulf isn't mystical at all. A good machinist , actually an idiot with a bench grinder, can knock the rails off the GB so that a FF tube will clear it, just don't go past flush or you will run right into the port opening. As a matter of fact, I'd leave about .05 of the rails left. It's very hard steel so make sure your machinist knows b4 he destroys one of his bits. Otherwise the only "non standard" things left on a Beowulf are the over sized ejection port on an otherwise standard dimension upper receiver, a bolt sized for a .445 rim which is the same as an AK on a standard carrier group. The bolt on true AA Beowulfs are 9310. And the barrel which in the entry uses a midlength gas system. The barrel is .980 till its hits the GB then it's .907

Top Bottom