• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have never seen anything like this before and have no idea about it at all. It is marked Winchester and that’s all I know. Any knowledge is appreciated.

97F0CA8F-0373-418C-ACD3-E42D4A3CF2BF.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have the opportunity to buy it but the seller has not gotten back with me on price. He is not a gun guy at all and the rifle is part of a family member's estate that he is trying to liquidate. He sent me a message that basically said "I have a few old guns and I know you're into that stuff".

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    DING DING DING! These are great guns, easy to work on and the craftsmanship is very apparent. Check the bore as steif said. The wood screw in the wrist isn't good but what the hey. I have sleeved one for a friend in the past and it turned out to be a tack driver.
    These were from the era of "church shoots". In the early 1900's EVERYONE would load up the Stevens and Winnies and go to a church picnic. After the eats were gone the men would walk out and set up targets and all would shoot. Stevens even marketed several for the women shooters and obviously the kids also. A different time...
    Most have an upper tang already tapped for a peep which gives you a monsterous site radius. Mmmmm mmmmm! Good luck.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    VUPD,
    Is that chambered for .22short?
    Most of the 1885 Low-Walls were.

I have one that has been modified to shoot sillouettes.
    Mine wears a monte Carlo style stock with a heavy cheeck weld, but that's not all.
    Mine was re-barreled years ago using a Winchester model 52 barrel, so it now shoots .22lr, and it is deadly accurate.

It is just sooo much fun going through the motions and a slow-paced plink,plink,plink...
    I stole mine. I gave a friend who needed cash what he asked for it, but I knew when I paid him it was worth more than the $200 I gave him.

I will never sell that rifle.
    It's just too much fun.

Good luck. I hope you can get your hands on that thing.
    You won't be disappointed as long as it's in good shape.

indianamoon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    South Bend
    Low walls are great! I see lots of high walls, own 5 or 6, but lows are really scarce. I think that I only have 2, a Winder musket in 22 and a custom in Hornet. Sweer little rifle

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well that was coincidental, he messaged me about thirty seconds after that last post. So he has 4 old rifles and wants to sell as a lot. Wants a grand for all four. I think I can sell the other three and make my money back, essentially getting the low wall for free.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well that was coincidental, he messaged me about thirty seconds after that last post. So he has 4 old rifles and wants to sell as a lot. Wants a grand for all four. I think I can sell the other three and make my money back, essentially getting the low wall for free.

Well now, that's better than a poke in the eye!
    Let me know what the other three are.
    Maybe I'll help you make some of your money back...

Top Bottom