• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I'm thinking about doing a .300 Blackout pistol build next with the intention of suppressing down the road. Are their uppers good to go or should I be looking elsewhere?

Also, has anyone done a rifle of theirs in it as well? Info for the future would be nice.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have no personal experience but have read that PSA's 300blk barrels do not have good shoulders. So if the suppressor you choose is QD, then it'd be best if the device indexes off the muzzle. Or you can just buy a different barrel

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I did a faxon barrel on my 7.5" 300 pistol for the shoulder to head off trouble and compatibility issies down the road.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I bought a PSA 300BLK upper last holiday season when they are on super sale. I have had no issues with it at all. Like most of their stuff, build quality is good and performance is good for a plinking/HD rifle. I say buy with confidence.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    PSA is typically budget build stuff, but if you aren't trying for sub MOA out of the 300 BO then you should be fine. Typically you can get 2 MOA out of their barrels.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I suppose this should be more for the pistol forum but here we are... 7.5" or 10.5" barrel for a PDW type setup?

The one I bought is 8.5". I have 300 BLK pistols/SBRs as short as 6.75" and as long as 11". I would say you are good with either 7.5 or 10. Just your personal preference

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    The one I bought is 8.5". I have 300 BLK pistols/SBRs as short as 6.75" and as long as 11". I would say you are good with either 7.5 or 10. Just your personal preference

I know 300BLK is GTG in short barrels but how much of a performance difference are you seeing between your barrel lengths?

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    PSA is typically budget build stuff, but if you aren't trying for sub MOA out of the 300 BO then you should be fine. Typically you can get 2 MOA out of their barrels.

If I was looking for sub MOA I wouldn't be doing a PDW setup ;) Besides I will stick to bolt guns for accuracy.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have their 10.5” 300Blk premium upper on my SBR. As far as accuracy goes, I have it zeroed with one particular brand of 220gr loads and I can get MOA easily out to 100 yds. I have it zeroed at 50 and it wears a 1-4 Vortex MilRad scope which is perfect for what I use it for. I’d say you’ll be fine with PSA based on my own experience with them.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I have their 10.5” 300Blk premium upper on my SBR. As far as accuracy goes, I have it zeroed with one particular brand of 220gr loads and I can get MOA easily out to 100 yds. I have it zeroed at 50 and it wears a 1-4 Vortex MilRad scope which is perfect for what I use it for. I’d say you’ll be fine with PSA based on my own experience with them.

Awesome. Thanks!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a PSA pistol upper that all I've done is plink and goof around with and it's been 100%. I've done some factory and lots of handloads without an issue yet. PSA gets a bad rap when people buy the dirt cheapest part they can find then act shocked that sometimes those break or don't get all the polish some high dollar gear gets you. If you want a gun that shoots, PSA is great. If you're looking to pad your ego online or get into some kind of tech spec arguments about why one gun is better or worse then I wouldn't go with a PSA.

Top Bottom